Trichotillomania

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dottie

Public Access
I struggled with it for a while a few years ago. I don't know how I made myself stop, but I did. Sorry for the TMI/grossness, but for whatever reason, my worst habit was pulling out pubic hair.

My worse issue (and one I'm actually struggling with right now as I am feeling incredibly stressed out) is dermatillomania. I've been picking the skin around my fingers so much in the past couple of weeks that I'm surprised I even have fingers left right now.

Yes i have it too. I am in pain and cant sleep at night from the pain. Both my sculp and fingers. I was too anxious for infections because of the open wounds and had my hands washed around 30 times a day.. and i am kind of ashamed for how my hair looks right now.

Dawn

Just hoping so much that both of u feel better soon. I'm so sorry u are having such a hard time. God bless

Dottie

Public Access
Yes i have it too. I am in pain and cant sleep at night from the pain. Both my sculp and fingers. I was too anxious for infections because of the open wounds and had my hands washed around 30 times a day.. and i am kind of ashamed for how my hair looks right now.
You're not alone, I feel the same way. I feel kind of ashamed about how my hands look right now, too. I feel like I need to get someone to wrap them just so I'll stop. That's the worst part - you can't help it, but it's so incredibly painful for a while afterwards.

Are you going to be okay?

Many blessings to both of u. I wish so much that we could all feel better and not have to suffer like this. (((hugs)))
Thank you so much. You're such a supportive person, and it really makes me feel like someone cares.

Dawn

Thank u so much! U have made me feel sooo good today, I appreciate u:) We do care I know it isn't real life but the ppl are far nicer here, such a shame they aren't IRL the world would be so nice to live in

Hope u have a blessed day!!xx

Deety

SF Supporter
Hi, I don't think I would be diagnosed with Trichotillomania, but I do pull out my hair multiple times per day. Luckily I have very thick hair, and I do pull only one strand at a time. So with braiding my hair to try and stop myself, and having lots of hair to start with, it isn't noticeable, and I've only had very small bald patches a couple of times. I also pick the skin on my scalp and creates sores, but again, not really bad ones. At the moment though, I have some sores on my legs I haven't let heal up all year basically, hmmm.
Anyway, I'm sorry you are both having pain from your fingers, I hope they are able to heal and your techniques to try and stop work for you. Hugs and best wishes.

Hi, I don't think I would be diagnosed with Trichotillomania, but I do pull out my hair multiple times per day. Luckily I have very thick hair, and I do pull only one strand at a time. So with braiding my hair to try and stop myself, and having lots of hair to start with, it isn't noticeable, and I've only had very small bald patches a couple of times. I also pick the skin on my scalp and creates sores, but again, not really bad ones. At the moment though, I have some sores on my legs I haven't let heal up all year basically, hmmm.
Anyway, I'm sorry you are both having pain from your fingers, I hope they are able to heal and your techniques to try and stop work for you. Hugs and best wishes.
Thank you. If you dont mind answering.. fo you have a specific situation that yoy are picking your hair? I am doing isially if I do something repetitive that i need to see or of i am too stressed about something. Like watching tv study or read a book

You're not alone, I feel the same way. I feel kind of ashamed about how my hands look right now, too. I feel like I need to get someone to wrap them just so I'll stop. That's the worst part - you can't help it, but it's so incredibly painful for a while afterwards.

Are you going to be okay?

I hope it will get better. Sometimes is good sometimes bad. Now at the holidays mau be better. I hope you too feel better. I undwrstand ghe pain.

Deety

SF Supporter
Thank you. If you dont mind answering.. fo you have a specific situation that yoy are picking your hair? I am doing isially if I do something repetitive that i need to see or of i am too stressed about something. Like watching tv study or read a book
Hi, yes it's mainly at home when I'm reading or watching tv, but I'll also do it in other situations when I'm stressed. I try not to do it when I'm with other people, but I sometimes do (hopefully it's not super noticeable lol).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00