Is anyone else taking this? I've been prescribed 500mg/day as Epilim ER (called Depakote in the US) to take alongside my citalopram for bipolar disorder.
I've been on it for about 2 weeks and I have to say I feel amazing -it's like a part of me that's been missing ever since I got ill has returned. I feel really clear-headed and serene, and the "noise" in my head and racing thoughts have all but vanished. So at the moment I'm really positive about it.
But I am worried about side-effects. I haven't suffered any so far, apart from an odd combination of being generally rather tired, but also struggling to get off to sleep. Is this likely to settle down? And are the more severe side effects (weight gain, hair loss, liver damage :ohmy: ) just waiting to get me? What are other people's experiences? Has anyone sucessfully stayed on this long term?
Thanks for your input,
Mozart x
I've been on it for about 2 weeks and I have to say I feel amazing -it's like a part of me that's been missing ever since I got ill has returned. I feel really clear-headed and serene, and the "noise" in my head and racing thoughts have all but vanished. So at the moment I'm really positive about it.
But I am worried about side-effects. I haven't suffered any so far, apart from an odd combination of being generally rather tired, but also struggling to get off to sleep. Is this likely to settle down? And are the more severe side effects (weight gain, hair loss, liver damage :ohmy: ) just waiting to get me? What are other people's experiences? Has anyone sucessfully stayed on this long term?
Thanks for your input,
Mozart x