What happens with your life/family/friends after you attemp suicide?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder what happens when people find out you are suicidal. Do they change their approach to you? What about your family, how they react to such news?

Brian777

Safety and Support
SF Artist
SF Supporter
Hey Nikola, yes I'm sure your family will be concerned, but better to tell them and have them help you get the treatment you need. It's not so uncommon to feel like this when we're depressed. But getting help can change the way we feel, even just opening up to others helps us feel "not so alone"........believe me my friend, this will pass, you will feel better. Speak with your parents or School counsellor, don't stay alone in your pain.

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Yes, please do please discuss this with someone. Believe me, they would rather know you are feeling suicidal, and be able to help you, then to get the news that you have taken your life.

Yes, please do please discuss this with someone. Believe me, they would rather know you are feeling suicidal, and be able to help you, then to get the news that you have taken your life.
But I keep thinking when you sum things up its more bad feelings than good, so why wouldnt someone join the total silence where there is no pain? If a person isnt enjoying or being sucesfull why shouldnt he just drop the joystick and quit the game?

SillyOldBear

Teddy Bears Rule! 🐻
Staff Alumni
Nikola, life seems to be a mix of bad feelings, good feelings and so-so feelings. These feelings are a part of every person's life. I won't claim to have known a lot of really good feelings, but the one's I have known have made the struggle worthwhile. Total silence and no pain also means no chance of good. And I believe that as long as there is life, there is a chance for good and that it is worth fighting for.

Make sure they know what your illness is, otherwise they will end up being on egg shells around you not knowing what might trigger another attempt, which is counter productive for everyone.

CHead2000

When my parents found out I was thinking about killing myself, they did everything they could to support me and help me. It was rough because they were just so sad and scared.

DF2010

I've often wondered about this very subject. I know that my mother's heart would be broken because she's loved me like no one else has. My father would feel terrible effects of it too, probably. And maybe one other immediate family member. But I think that most people just wouldn't even care eventually. Sure, some of my friends may mourn my death for a brief moment but eventually they'll move on with their lives and not really think about my death anymore. Most people are just very selfish and are all about their own self-preservation above all else. They basically care about the positivity in their own small little worlds and their own self-gratification above all else. It's really disheartening, and people disappoint me nearly every day. It's a terribly sad reality.

There were 2 times when i felt the biggest dissapointment cuz it failed.First time i tried to kill myself, i ended up having trouble standing up so i tryed to get to my bed and fell asleep.I woke up in the morning. I was pale as ghost so i stayed home till i got somewhat normal .The second time i tryed, i woke up again after. In spite of these attempts, my parents didnt really do or say anything out of ordinary

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00