Finding the right therapist is so challenging and anxiety-producing that I've basically paused looking. I can't give up looking, because that will mean giving up on life. Though it hasn't worked for me at all until now, therapy of some sort is the only way that I can see getting out of this hole.
Medication would probably be beneficial for me. I'm scared of it - mostly that they won't be the right ones. My previous experience with meds didn't make me feel that the prescribers understood me enough to have any good idea of what they were doing. One psychiatrist was so uncaring that I quit cold turkey. Besides for these issues, finding a prescriber is also not easy.
There are a couple of things that I could possibly do until finding someone. I'm just not sure if they're feasible or advisable:
1) I may be able to be tested and treated for ADHD. A regular doctor can do this, I'm told. (Some will do the same for anxiety.) Does it make sense, though, when I likely have other conditions that are related? Is it safe to take meds like that, without proper consideration for how they may affect me in other ways?
2) I can see a nutritionist. When it comes to my eating, there are so many variables that relate to deep psychological and social problems. Should I even try addressing this topic with someone who is focused on a narrow field?
I'm not asking for medical advice. I just want to share and see if anyone has anything productive to say. Truthfully, I have so many blocks that it seems impossible to get "fixed".
Medication would probably be beneficial for me. I'm scared of it - mostly that they won't be the right ones. My previous experience with meds didn't make me feel that the prescribers understood me enough to have any good idea of what they were doing. One psychiatrist was so uncaring that I quit cold turkey. Besides for these issues, finding a prescriber is also not easy.
There are a couple of things that I could possibly do until finding someone. I'm just not sure if they're feasible or advisable:
1) I may be able to be tested and treated for ADHD. A regular doctor can do this, I'm told. (Some will do the same for anxiety.) Does it make sense, though, when I likely have other conditions that are related? Is it safe to take meds like that, without proper consideration for how they may affect me in other ways?
2) I can see a nutritionist. When it comes to my eating, there are so many variables that relate to deep psychological and social problems. Should I even try addressing this topic with someone who is focused on a narrow field?
I'm not asking for medical advice. I just want to share and see if anyone has anything productive to say. Truthfully, I have so many blocks that it seems impossible to get "fixed".