• Apologies for the issue with a bizarre redirect on the site earlier today. There was a large server update and an error in an IP address had the traffic routing wrongly. No hacking or anything nefarious and nothing to worry about. Sorry for any stress/anxiety caused. Very best wishes - SF Admin

🌈 Jim's 'let's smile and shine' cafe Tuesday 16th June 2020 🌈

Status
Not open for further replies.

Champagne

✯✯ Heart of an angel ✯✯
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey all!! Hoping you are all having a great day/night, I'm wide awake and munching on Doritos and going to watch a movie soon if I find one I find appealing!!

So. its the let's smile and laugh and be happy cafe today, even if you are having a crappy day, know you are not alone you never are on SF, this is our SF family and we all look out for each other, friends and those we don't know so well! I can see so many people supporting others, its heart warming, you're all amazing. 🌈💖

1592266289761.png 1592266301829.png 1592266317413.png

Today's theme to..... SHARE YOUR BEST MEMORIES OF LIFE SO FAR AND EVEN OF SF. SHARE ALL THE GOODNESS, KINDNESS AND HOW SF HELPS YOU TO PROCEED FURTHER TO BRIGHTER DAYS. 🌈🤗💖🥰🎗

• Feel free to answer these sooth calm cafe questions in your free time.

• What are the top five things you cherish in your life?

• At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?

• What risk would you take if you knew you could not fail?

• What do you most connect with? Why?

• We’re always making choices. Are you choosing for your story or for someone else’s?

Witty⭐️Sarcasm ⭐️

Renegade banshee
SF Supporter
What are the top five things you cherish in your life? Friends, family, animals, love, and happiness.
At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Hard to say, I haven't felt quite that way in a long time.
What risk would you take if you knew you could not fail? To make movies and music.
What do you most connect with? Why? No one in particular, I connect with everyone I know in different ways.
We’re always making choices. Are you choosing for your story or for someone else’s? A little mix of both I think. I care about my own needs but others as well.

C4RL4

What are the top five things you cherish in your life?
I must say cats, food, a good night of sleep, music and drawing.
At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?
When I draw of course, no! When I´m fangirling. Really tho, when I see the progress I've done so far with my drawing skills, makes me overjoyed, and when I finshed watching Madoka Magica Gaiden I was like "OMG!" and when I ended Coffee talk I was like "OMG!" and, well, you get the idea.
What risk would you take if you knew you could not fail?
That's a bit contradictory, don't ya think? Because is not a risk if you know you wont fail, silly!

cymbele

SF Supporter
My daughter, my sibs, karate or tai chi, good health and most important my faith.
Recently either at karate or being exhausted while reaching the top of a mountain (granted they are baby mountains). I am passionate and alive during exercise or when creating something. But lately the actual creating stuff is a struggle to figure out.

• What risk would you take if you knew you could not fail? Make a mantle clock for my daughter and her husband.

Pictures and visual images; I dunno; music doesn't do it for me ; but a well formed image captures my min d.

• We’re always making choices. Are you choosing for your story or for someone else’s?
I unfortunately do not have anyone to write my story for so I am choosing my own story.

KM76710

Kangaroo Manager
SF Pro
SF Supporter
  • What are the top five things you cherish in your life? My close family immediate family, I think all of them may equal 5, actually they would equal 12.

• At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Can't remember a time.

• What risk would you take if you knew you could not fail? Skydiving repeatedly without a parachute? I would survive no matter what because I can not fail. :)

• What do you most connect with? Why? Nothing but the close family is the only thing that comes close.

• We’re always making choices. Are you choosing for your story or for someone else’s? Typically for the close family.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
thank you for opening the cafe and inviting me @BlackOpium

the best thing in life is working on and competing with my oldest son with antique cars. and SF to talk to people here on SF and do what i can, and have the good people on SF care about me when i'm down.

1. top 5 things i cherish : wife, kids, pets, sf, my 64 dodge

2. what time in recent past did i feel passionate : last year when i won a first place trophy for my car, i've always wanted one and yes it made me feel alive

3. what would i do if i could not fail: do a complete engine rebuild

4. what do i most connect with and why : antique cars and because it's in my blood as it is with my son.

5. my story or someone elses : my story of course. i am happy with my life and how it turned out. i may have issues but that is part of who i am.

and thank you for those sayings. the last one resonated with me. it kind of reminds me that i'm not alone and when i'm hurting i should seek support...mike...*hug

Family, love, life, faith,1960 Glastron boat i'm restoring.

When I was a teenager everything was new and exciting.

Fall in love.

What do you most connect with? Why?

People on SF that I connect and relate with.

Why?

Most everyone here gets it, life's not all sunshine and rainbows and we want a way out. We come together, understand and support each other. Which is more than I can say for most people in real life.

We’re always making choices. Are you choosing for your story or for someone else’s?

My story it's a work in progress and i'm definitely not finished.

Last edited:

JMG

~ Crazy Cat Lady ~
Family, friend, my sweet perfect kitty, animals in general & Star Wars :)

Whenever I watch Star Wars (the original 3) or look at a pic of Mark Hamill :) *shy ;) ❤ ❤ ❤

Be a fashion designer I think, that'd be cool & fun.

What do you most connect with? Why?
Animals cos they just tend to be a lot more unconditionally loving than the majority of people. Some people on here as well which has been nice :)

We’re always making choices. Are you choosing for your story or for someone else’s?
For myself I think but there's definitely some things I'm doing far more for others than for myself. I'm fighting harder for what I want and need though (and wow what a fight it is sometimes which can be discouraging at times) so I hope it will all be ok in the end. Guess if it's not then at least I can be comforted knowing that none of it will be "forever" anyway so w/e.

JDot

1 Peter 5:7
Forum Pro
SF Supporter
  • What are the top five things you cherish in your life? my family, my SF friends, music, empathy, compassion

• At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? when I listen to music or view art that touches me

• What risk would you take if you knew you could not fail? direct a feature-length film

• What do you most connect with? Why? other people's struggles. struggling is what we all have in common. it's what connects us all.

• We’re always making choices. Are you choosing for your story or for someone else’s? choosing for my story

Innocent Forever

Still innocent!
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Hey all!! Hoping you are all having a great day/night, I'm wide awake and munching on Doritos and going to watch a movie soon if I find one I find appealing!!

So. its the let's smile and laugh and be happy cafe today, even if you are having a crappy day, know you are not alone you never are on SF, this is our SF family and we all look out for each other, friends and those we don't know so well! I can see so many people supporting others, its heart warming, you're all amazing. 🌈💖

View attachment 34298 View attachment 34299 View attachment 34300

Today's theme to..... SHARE YOUR BEST MEMORIES OF LIFE SO FAR AND EVEN OF SF. SHARE ALL THE GOODNESS, KINDNESS AND HOW SF HELPS YOU TO PROCEED FURTHER TO BRIGHTER DAYS. 🌈🤗💖🥰🎗

• Feel free to answer these sooth calm cafe questions in your free time.

• At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive?

• What risk would you take if you knew you could not fail?

You're still not getting enough sleep :(

Good morning all!
piZap_1591711542283.jpg

My best memories of life is time spent in nature and family holidays we've taken nearly every year.

Top 5 things I cherish. Family especially my nieces and nephews. Nature. Writing. Gratitude. People in my life.

I don't know if I ever feel passionate.

If I wouldn't fail? There are a bunch of organisations I would open like a school, like an after school safe space for teens staffed and monitored, like a therapy for kids service pay whatever you can, with all sorts of therapy ranging from physical to mental health so that every child can get the help they need regardless of funds. Part of it would be a training programme where people study and they do their practice here.

I'm learning to choose for my story but at the moment it's a mixture of for my story and for others.

Come join @Lane @Cagla @MisterBGone @dtc @Kira @pooky @kat319 @Charliex8 @Ash600 @Aurelia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$255.00