(1)s

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by oval, Mar 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oval

oval Well-Known Member

When I see the little (1) after inbox in my browser tab I get so excited. I sit and wonder ooooooohhhhhh! :> what could it beee! And then I start guessing, mostly to ease the disappointment that I can already smel. Maybe its my online crafts store or pintrest newsletter, or my horoscope email subscription, that I never unsubscribed from bc it gives me the "pleasure" of seeing the little (1), or....no...could it be possible.... That.... Someone may have e... Do I dare to say it! E...mailed me?

The same with Facebook. Ugh Facebook.......... On the very extremely exaprdinarily rare occasion that I have a message or notification I don't want to open it. I want it to stay there. That beautiful little red 1... I want to take a screen shot to always remember how much I was cared for! Somebody wants to talk to me!!!

Because I am so desperate, so hungry to talk to someone. I am a very social, talkative person. On the contrary I have social anxiety and am awkward in person. Not a a very rare combination. My communication center is huge and I have so much to say but have not one single, little, lousy person to talk to....

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2013
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I can relate to your thread Just know i am here anytime you need someone to just talk to

3. Androgyny

Androgyny Well-Known Member

Know the feeling all too well. It's an unusual thing, being a sociable person living with social anxiety (I wouldn't call myself SUPER social, but on days when I am not in anxious shutdown mode, I can be highly social these days)... But rest assured, you are not alone! There are many of us out there. :)

When you do actually long for social engagement and don't get anything, those little 1s can mean so much in this age of isolation.

4. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Hi W...please send me a PM and I will gladly communicate with you...I know it is not IRL, but maybe also seeing a '1' in the PM box would help you to feel better...also, there are others here who I am sure would gladly do the same...reach out and find the company you deserve...with caring

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2013
  5. oval

oval Well-Known Member

I damn my computer to hell, although it is my only way of communication! I damn the day that I installed msn back when I was 13 and began talking to everyone through that, with my dial up internet. At least before that I had phone calls with people! I actually had conversations, I could hear someone's voice and laugh.
    I crave talking to someone everyday. Maybe even, God forbid, have a girlfriend (as in two platonic female friends). I'm really isolated. I could chew anyone's ear off, I've got so much to say. I can, and have many times, talked to a person on he phone or through IM from the moment I woke up, til I went to bed. All day with no break. And i loved it that way. I wish i had that again.

6. oval

oval Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I am banned to only use my phone as ive broken another computer charger. Typing on this is the moat annoying shit AMD takes me forever. I will take you up on that offer sadeyes :) I love the sf (1)s too.

7. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

I sent you a PM...so there should be an 'inbox' message coming your way...please get others to do this so that you can feel better...what a small price each of us will pay for you to feel that way...my pleasure

8. oval

oval Well-Known Member

God you guys are sweet :) I honestly was not expecting this.

9. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Lol, I totally know that feeling. I only get email from newsletters, and occasionally from someone I met from this site. I only get messages from maybe 1 or 2 people on here, and rarely get anyone talking to me on Facebook. That's still more conversation than I get in real life, which is close to nil. You are welcome to message me here anytime, although I might bore you to death. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.