2013 the year of loss

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Kache, Sep 3, 2013.

1. Kache

Kache Member

I lost my grand father earlier this year and I feel so sad. I have lot a family and very few close friends. I feel like I'm drowning in a 3ft pool with nothing but highly trained life guards standing around me. I have never felt so alone and feel like I have so much responsibility that I am wearing myself thin. I can be in a crowed room and still feel so alone. Nothing I do is ever good enough. I have always felt that way about me in life in general. Losing my grandpa has been one of the worse things to happen to me in my life. I miss him everyday. He was a great man. I feel silly writing all this. Not really sure if anyone will read this. But I had to get this off my chest. And let someone know. Whoever reads this.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Kache I am so sorry for the loss of your grandfather I know it is hard right now you are still grieving but in time when ready do something to help commemorate this great man ok
    It will help you heal even if you a plant a special tree he loved in his name hun Don't ever feel that what you right is not important ok It is and YOU are important so please keep reaching out here Keep talking to us so you don't feel so alone

3. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

i'm sorry for your loss.

grief is such a difficult emotion to deal with

hugs

4. Kache

Kache Member

I will continue to reach out here and because here at home it's hard to talk and hard for everyone to accept that I'm depressed. All my family is sad and feel like our grief is the same level but its not. And I keep wanting to reach out to my best friend but he's about to lose his mom to cancer and I want to be strong for him. But I can't even be strong for myself.

5. total eclipse

So very true hun it is hard to be strong for yourself let alone your friend Just do what you can do ok but make sure you take care of YOU too hugs

6. Kache

Kache Member

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to comfort me. It's the little things like that, showing the tiniest bit of kindness make a difference. Emily 83thank you and hugs to you too. total eclipse thank you. I've been thinking about ways to help me like the one you mentioned I think just by taking care of grandma and helping her is like helping him. I tried to plant Daisys but I let them die.

7. total eclipse

He would like that hun you spending time with your Grandma and i do not have a green thumb either but it was nice thought hun hugs to you