Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Joshuwah, Feb 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

Okay, so I don't want this to sound exagerated, I also wanted it all spelt correctly but never mind.

Basically I found out I'm alergic to chlorine, which in effect has triggered my eczema, which has left me head-to-toe covered in scabs, dry skin and raw patches.

I guess this is why I'm depressed at the mo, I cannot go swimming ever again, I'm at risk of losing my job and I have lost what little self confidence I had.

Theres no cure to this eczema, just take cream and hope it receeds, but they've got me on that many tablets and stuff I'd rattle if you shook me. The cream makes my skin burn and I'm always iching, I guess I'm always thinking 'what if it never goes away'. Because I know that's my nightmare, not being accepted by people, not being wanted.

I guess I have a social problem, plus I'm automatically put at the bottom of the society ladder because of how I am.

Anyway, I guess life goes on....

2. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

I used to have an eczema, apparently caused by chlorine, as well, before, but it's gone now. Barely ever have problems with eczema, nowadays. Never had it even nearly as bad as you describe, though. I guess it may be it started disappearing, when I stopped swimming, during the school years, but don't know...

3. Joshuwah

Joshuwah Well-Known Member

Its nearly gone now tbh, But These steriod creams I have been useing are a tad harsh, all my skin has gone red and thin where I applied it

4. Hae-Gi

Hae-Gi Banned Member

Your body will get used to them, too... it came to a point where they just would not work, for me. I started using high percentage alcohol, then, instead, however, and it was after that that the eczema more or less disappeared. Don't know if that was the whole reason, however, and don't remember all of the circumstances, but, considering its drying effect, as long as you don't rub your eczema with it, but only apply the alcohol, it shouldn't make it worse, at least... as long as you don't do it every day. Using alcohol on your whole body probably is a very bad idea, as well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.