4 out 5 from this band had committed suicide in the last ten years!

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by Cody Adams, Jan 9, 2011.

1. Cody Adams

Cody Adams New Member

Hi Everyone,
    A friend of mine (a real friend; it isn't me), has been posting some of his songs on Youtube. i noticed every song is about suicide or death. I joked about it with him and he told me a friend from the band had o.ded last month and that he was the only one left, out of the five of them. Now to my knowledge he doesn't do drugs anymore but a day or two ago he posted a new video
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0zyRadNT-M
    entitled 'I think therefore I die'. The video was old, of all the members of the band but I swear I have never heard of this song. I'm wondering if he's trying to reach out but have no idea how to broach the subject without hard feelings or embarrassment. He's a bit hard to talk serious to but I'm sure he's in a pretty dark place after the death of his mate. any ideas?:huh:

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

All you can do is reach out to him and listen and perhaps ask him outright how he is feeling if he feels suicidal or not. Sometimes it is hard for one to bring that topic up. If he says yes the direct him to crisis lines in his area so he has it. Let him know he is not alone okay that you are there if he needs to talk. Also maybe give him this link so others can talk to him and give him support as well.

3. Cody Adams

Cody Adams New Member

Thank you, I called him this morning and we're going grab a coffee tomorrow. Wish me luck! Thanks for your help!

4. total eclipse

That is so good of you to support him way to go. Be a good listening okay but be open with him and your concerns. hugs:hugtackles:

5. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

reach out and talk to him. i just lost a friend to suicide this week. and his bass player and drummer have both attempted in the past. we are all just shaken by his passing.

6. ~Young-Violet~

~Young-Violet~ Banned Member

Support him, tell him he is wanted. I am sorry for his many losses :hug: x

7. Cody Adams

Cody Adams New Member

Thank you all so much for your support! He's still very secluded but says everything is going to be ok. He wants to start writing again which I said would be a great idea even if it meant just getting it all down. :) I'm going to keep tabs on him without being too in his face but I think everything will be fine. I can't fathom going throught that time and time again. Not sure how anyone would cope :( Thank you again for your support. This is a wonderful site! <3

8. total eclipse

Definetly encourage him to start writing again expressing his pain and sadness in words song will help him I hope all works out okay hugs keep in touch okay let us know how things go

9. Cody Adams

Cody Adams New Member

Will do! :)