6 years doing nothing, the life is too boring

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by BB_dunb, Apr 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BB_dunb

BB_dunb Member

After so many time I started liking this situation, don't want a change, just wait...

I don't care anymore.

I can't see an option, what to do?

I really don't feel bad, is just about hate to life, i hate "wake up".
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

why not go do something you have always wanted to do change up your life a bit take an interesting course do skydiving something out of the ordinary to bring some excitement to you
  3. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

maybe do a hobby? or go out for walks with your music in your ears? sit at a bus stop for a while? learn a skill or do a class of somekind?

I know what you mean, sometimes I get depressed and I think it's because I'm bored and haven't gone out in a while but at the same time, I have to kick myself in the butt to do anything...but once I'm out it's not so bad...but due to social phobias I can't stay out too long without missing my home...
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I think you should find some hobbies. What are you interested in? Or you could always find a job volunteering. These days, places are always looking for volunteers. I started last year and it has completely changed me, it has given me a sense of worth as well as routine. Whatever you choose to do, good luck =)
  5. Chargette

Chargette Well-Known Member

Perhaps get a break by helping others. Volunteering to serve food in a chow line for the homeless has helped many who feel bored or down and out. :hugs:
  6. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I feel the same way, but it's been more than 6 years for me. More than a decade of doing nothing and I wonder why I'm still here. I'm trying to find my reasons to live, even if I had just one, that would be great. Maybe go out and do things you've always wanted to do, something to keep your mind off your thoughts.
  7. GoodbyeDeath

GoodbyeDeath Member

i went backpacking round europe.
  8. dustin

dustin Banned Member

Another vote for a hobby. Find something you are passionate about.

I find my depression gets a lot worse if things are stagnant.

My advice would be to set a goal for yourself, and work towards it. Doesn't much matter what it is, as long as it is something you want. Don't fall into the trap of "it is too much work" or "too much time" because it's not the end result so much as the act of working towards it and moving forward that will help you the most.
  9. someone0629

someone0629 Member

I may end up just like you. But it's going to be forever. You could read my thread. Maybe you can advice me how doing nothing for 6 years did to you. My thread is, What will I do for the rest of my life?
  10. BB_dunb

BB_dunb Member

I can't do a hobby, the guilt for this is strong.

I used to have some hobbies before but now i just can't stand anymore.

And comes the responsibility, i wanted to be a "adult", I'm from another country, the culture here is very different, is hard to explain, I feel like a kid.
  11. clairedelune

clairedelune Well-Known Member

Look forward to something. Keep a job you love. And, do something fun once or twice a week. Just think, What do you want to do most in your life? Find your own happiness. It won't fail you.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.