:\ ...

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Mama_Pills, Feb 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mama_Pills

Mama_Pills Well-Known Member

I went to see the school counselor today and made an appointment for tomorrow at 3. I'm nervous.

But it's free, and everything is completely confidential. Unlike high school counselors, who tell everyone everything.
  2. cownes

cownes Well-Known Member

glad to hear you have got an appointment, it is only natural to be aprehensive about going to your appointment. you high school counsellor should not have told anyone anything, they should have been confidentual. wish you all the best for tomorrow :hug: well done for asking for an appointment, it really does take guts to ask for help :)
  3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Good for you write down whatever you want to say okay that way if you are nervous you can just hand over what you written. I know it will help you alot just to be able to talk about things
  4. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

Good luck for tomorrow! As Violet said, it might help to write the things you want to say down, and if your mind goes blank or you don't know what to say, you can either read aloud from it or give it to the counsellor to read. I hope it goes well for you and you get something good from it, though. :smile:
  5. Katii

Katii Well-Known Member

Glad you found the right help for you :)
    Like Violet said... Its always a good idea to write down what you are comfortable in saying, just incase you feel you cant say it verbally.
    Good Luck! :hug:
  6. Mama_Pills

Hi; thanks for the support. I went, and I was really nervous. It was okay though I think. He was very nice, and very soft spoken, and the British accent was a plus and beautiful to listen to. My appointment with a psychologist was cancelled yesterday due to the excessive snowfall, and so was my follow-up with Brian today, again due to the snowfall. I'm going to see him again tomorrow though, and we're going to figure out how to reschedule my evaluation with the psychologist to see if medication is the best route or not.

I'm afraid of the evaluation, because if I have to start taking medication, they have to tell my parents, because I don't have my own insurance, nor do I have the money to pay for my own insurance. This is the part I'm scared about; I know that when my parents find out they're going to tell me that I don't need it, and they won't pay for it. I just want to get better.

I'm having a really bad day. Last night was rough. The person I usually talk to isn't responding anymore by text and I feel alone :(.
  7. Avarice

Avarice Well-Known Member

I'm glad it went okay for you with Brian, it's just a shame the snow had to get in the way of your other appointments. Well done for getting through it okay though. :hug: As for your parents, can't you bring this matter up to the psychologist & possibly Brian too, to let them know how your parents will most likely respond & ask if they can perhaps try and persuade them to see sense? It might not do any good, but it's worth a shot at least. I hope it all goes well for you tomorrow with Brian. Let us know how it goes. :smile:
  8. Mama_Pills

Thanks again for the support. I can try that; I think my dad knows lately that it's more than just a phase or whatever, but I'm not really sure because we don't talk about it. We'll see what happens tomorrow.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.