Status
Not open for further replies.

xoCherie

I don't even know where to start. It's all been so up and down...more down...I feel like I'm slipping, like these last few months meant nothing. Like all my hard work to regain control of my life is going to waste. I hate this...need. Because it is just a need. A need to cut. A need to be hugged. A need to just be without anyone judging or tearing me down. I can't take all the bashing. I can't take the confusion. I can't take the constantly close to crying. I'm sliping...and I don't know how to stop it. Should I try medication again? Would that help?

Madam Mim

I don't know about your situation or anything, but wanted to reply to say that I'm sorry things are difficult at the moment. It sounds as though you've been working hard to make things better, and I'm sorry that feels as though it's going to waste. The good thing is that it's not wasted, and the things you've learned will stay with you, so once you feel able to tackle it again it'll be easier.

I'm not a fan of meds at all, but I do think that they can help stabilise you while you get back on your feet. So I guess it depends on your previous experiences and whether you think they might help in the short term while you sort things out and gather your strength.

I also feel as though I'm slipping back down at the moment, and hate to think I'm losing everything again. But I'm going to take each day as it comes and try to deal with each problem as it comes up, not thinking of the future or letting everything pile up on top of me. I've been strong before, and I can do it again. And so can you.

Sadie~

I've been on medication before, and to be honest, I wouldn't recommend going for it again. Sure, it makes you feel good while you take it.. but that's the problem. Once I came off, I actually got worse and slumped back into my depression. The drugs only suppressed the illness, it didn't rid it. that's a general fact when it comes to anti-depressants.

Have you considered therapy? That's what I'm doing right now and it helps, I guess.

But hey, I don't really know you so I have no intention of dictating to you :)

xoCherie

I don't know about your situation or anything, but wanted to reply to say that I'm sorry things are difficult at the moment. It sounds as though you've been working hard to make things better, and I'm sorry that feels as though it's going to waste. The good thing is that it's not wasted, and the things you've learned will stay with you, so once you feel able to tackle it again it'll be easier.

I'm not a fan of meds at all, but I do think that they can help stabilise you while you get back on your feet. So I guess it depends on your previous experiences and whether you think they might help in the short term while you sort things out and gather your strength.

I also feel as though I'm slipping back down at the moment, and hate to think I'm losing everything again. But I'm going to take each day as it comes and try to deal with each problem as it comes up, not thinking of the future or letting everything pile up on top of me. I've been strong before, and I can do it again. And so can you.
I love how you ended that...it made me smile. And I'm past that stage again, the last two days were really fun and I was myself entirely. I even ended up doing an impromptu dance off in the city haha. I came second to a gay ballet dancer :P

xoCherie

I've been on medication before, and to be honest, I wouldn't recommend going for it again. Sure, it makes you feel good while you take it.. but that's the problem. Once I came off, I actually got worse and slumped back into my depression. The drugs only suppressed the illness, it didn't rid it. that's a general fact when it comes to anti-depressants.

Have you considered therapy? That's what I'm doing right now and it helps, I guess.

But hey, I don't really know you so I have no intention of dictating to you :)
Yeah I'm currently seeing a DV councellor regarding the shit with my sister but it's focusing on that, and it's not the only thing going on with my life right now :/

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
I, personally speaking only of course, would give medications another go! What have you got to lose? And plenty of people do respond to them, so what if you are of those lucky individuals? Would it not be worth it if it got rid of some, or better yet all of your pain? I know that they had not been a glowing success for me, but that is just because I am one of the minority, according to my psychiatrist, that does not respond to them. Yes, there are drawbacks and risks, side effects and whatnot that can be mild to disastrous, and even when they do work, it can take a bit to get them up to speed. But I think that it is well worth it to at least see and be sure, whether or not they would be beneficial to your situation and your health. I don't know your background and history regarding the number of different drugs you've tried and out of which, or how many separate classes and such--and I'm not asking you to tell me--but what have you really got to lose? If one of them is making you feel ill, just stop taking it. And talk to your doctor about what alternatives can be done. Good luck!

xoCherie

I, personally speaking only of course, would give medications another go! What have you got to lose? And plenty of people do respond to them, so what if you are of those lucky individuals? Would it not be worth it if it got rid of some, or better yet all of your pain? I know that they had not been a glowing success for me, but that is just because I am one of the minority, according to my psychiatrist, that does not respond to them. Yes, there are drawbacks and risks, side effects and whatnot that can be mild to disastrous, and even when they do work, it can take a bit to get them up to speed. But I think that it is well worth it to at least see and be sure, whether or not they would be beneficial to your situation and your health. I don't know your background and history regarding the number of different drugs you've tried and out of which, or how many separate classes and such--and I'm not asking you to tell me--but what have you really got to lose? If one of them is making you feel ill, just stop taking it. And talk to your doctor about what alternatives can be done. Good luck!
I've actually decided that I'm not going to give them a go, mainly because of one thing: when I'm upset, I dance. At the train station, at the mall, in the house, I don't care anymore. I'd rather be looked at weirdly and happy within myself, than be depressed and whatnot. In the days since I posted that last weekend, I noticed that the more I danced, the more I felt like myself again. When I'm depressed, I feel suppressed and cut off from the "me" that I love to be, which just makes me feel worse. So I break the thoughts by going "fuck it, play Skrillex and dance. Who cares? It makes you happy," and end up dancing c:

MisterBGone

SF Supporter
Well, that's wonderful news! Good for you! I'm so happy that you've found a healthy way to relieve some of the sickness. I'm all for any thing that can do that. Me, I play my guitar, and pretend to sing. It works as well as any thing else. I'm very glad that you've begun to feel a little bit like your old self again. Keep dancing and trying new ideas you come up with that remind your self of how good it can be to feel happy again. Take Care- ps) I can't dance..;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00