a day in the life of mental health

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
It is great that there is more awareness now around Mental Health, however dealing with a Mental Health condition is not the same. From the messages that I get and the posts that I read, it points to trying to understand and rescue people like myself who have complicated issues. I personally would rather hear someone be honest and say "I have no clue how to help you" This means that I know where I stand and how I can reply and reduces the potential difficult conversations. When it comes to mental health issues, the best people to deal with these issues are professionals who are paid to do it and are not emotionally connected. It is NO failure from my point of view to not understand something that you do not have and even if you do have it, we are all individuals and not one box fills all. I urge those that want to help and empathise people to say that they do not understand and "how can I help" will potentially do a lot for someone who may not have been listened to. Potentially, people who are trying to cure or help someone that they love can also start to struggle and forget their own self care and I would rather that the person look after themselves first. These are my own thoughts as a person with lived experience

What's the point of a forum if everyone just wrote

" speak to your pdoc "

Kind of defeats the point of sharing experiences and personal relatable issues that people have experienced.

Which can be very helpful.

Jayjay289

Jay Jay from the UK
Staff Alumni
What's the point of a forum if everyone just wrote

" speak to your pdoc "

Kind of defeats the point of sharing experiences and personal relatable issues that people have experienced.

Which can be very helpful.
its more to do with self care in this post and that we need to learn self care and maybe not be so reliant on others as sometimes people can not always be their, and as MH is so complex not everyone suffers the same things so its not always possible to help everyone al the time

Lightsout

I can understand, not all but some people seems to try to say ‘you are doing great’ just to save them trouble and throw the ball back to us.

I’d rather people say ‘i know it sucks right. I think its better if you...’ at least these people try to give some advice rather than telling you are fine(which at least half of time its not true)

So i can relate. I have mh problem too, i have ocd and depression, dealing on daily basis.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00