A different opinion needed.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Midka, Dec 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Midka

Midka New Member

Hello All:

I'm new to the site so please forgive me if any of these questions have been asked or if this post is too long.

I've attempted suicide 4 times in my life. I wont get into details due to being unsure of where I can and cannot post my story but my last attempt landed me in the "behavioral health" wing for a few weeks. While a patient I was diagnosed with a few things: PTSD, anxiety, depression, etc. (To be generic) and given medication which I have been taking since then. I have spent countless sessions and large amounts of money trying to figure out what/why I feel the way I feel and think the way I think, yet the only conclusion I have come to is that I am just messed up. . .Until I googled this site.

I would love to discuss with fellow men and women who are struggling with the same issues I have instead of another doctor switching my medications and sending me on my way.

Can anyone help? Am I in the right place?
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hi Midka you are in the right place hun Many here understand hun they do and they do not judge they listen and support each other hugs
  3. pancake111

pancake111 Well-Known Member

Hi, i think you're in the right place. I have the same problem. Even though my antidepressant does work, I still wonder what the hell caused the depression, and stuff like that. Like even though I'm feeling better, I still don't feel cured (for a lack of a better term).

How long have you been struggling with suicide/depression?
  4. carebear32

carebear32 Well-Known Member

Hi :)

I know how you feel. I've got PTSD, though my regular therapist refuses to see it. I have Anxiety, Major Depression and Social Aniety Disorder. I've been hospitalized twice this year for suicide attempts, so I think I can relate to how you feel. Feel free to pm me if you want to talk, I'm not able to get online all that often though.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.