A forum account of mine got deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassicsFan

Went to see if I could log in to another forum that I'm a member of, only to find out that it got deleted and do not even know why that is.

Had to message the forum admin to get an explanation as in what's going on.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
Went to see if I could log in to another forum that I'm a member of, only to find out that it got deleted and do not even know why that is.

Had to message the forum admin to get an explanation as in what's going on.
How come you’re doing the forum thing? As opposed to social media I mean. I don’t do any social media but I’m 45 and completely allergic to the mainstream :)

I’ve been online for over 20 years. Forum admin vary a lot plus it depends on the nature/topic. There are certain forums I’ve been on where admin are absolutely ruthless but they need to be.

Another forum I was on had no admin haha - they’d jumped ship. It was funny at times but other times we’d be in PM going “OMG that poor person” eg. New member given absolutely horrible advice. It was slowly dying as well.

ClassicsFan

How come you’re doing the forum thing? As opposed to social media I mean. I don’t do any social media but I’m 45 and completely allergic to the mainstream :)

I’ve been online for over 20 years. Forum admin vary a lot plus it depends on the nature/topic. There are certain forums I’ve been on where admin are absolutely ruthless but they need to be.

Another forum I was on had no admin haha - they’d jumped ship. It was funny at times but other times we’d be in PM going “OMG that poor person” eg. New member given absolutely horrible advice. It was slowly dying as well.
I have no idea. But I'm not going back on Facebook again, that's for sure.

gypsylee

SF Supporter
I have no idea. But I'm not going back on Facebook again, that's for sure.
Ugh.. FB is shocking, and it’s connected to Instagram now. Social media is basically data collection for marketing.. Not as sinister as some people think, but they have some tricks up their sleeve that sound like conspiracy theories eg. Accessing the microphone and listening to people IRL.

My biggest problem though is how they put people in your face (like family members heh) and it’s really hard to be anonymous.

ClassicsFan

Ugh.. FB is shocking, and it’s connected to Instagram now. Social media is basically data collection for marketing.. Not as sinister as some people think, but they have some tricks up their sleeve that sound like conspiracy theories eg. Accessing the microphone and listening to people IRL.

My biggest problem though is how they put people in your face (like family members heh) and it’s really hard to be anonymous.
Another site I'm not a fan of and am glad I left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00