A Good Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a good day today! I went to a psychiatrist for the first time, who supported my primary care doctor's recommendation of medication. I'd filled the prescription 2 weeks ago, but have been carrying it around in my purse and never took it because I'm nervous about medication and because my therapist was going to be out of the country, and it would just be nice to have her a phone call away while I'm tinkering with my body's biochemistry. It was just a relief to have the psychiatrist break it all down for me, so I took my first dose of meds today....and I just have a sense of hope. A sense that it doesn't have to be the way it has been....the ups and downs, darkness and despair. Maybe I can just live my life without that ever present self-hatred and feelings of being a disappointment. I got a glimpse of a life I can't even imagine right now.

Hope. I have a distinct feeling of hope.

That's all. I just wanted to share my good day and my hopeful feeling with all you lovely people.

Love,
Grace88

Sadeyes

Staff Alumni
That is wonderful to hear and hope it continues, and that when it isn't the greatest of days, you will be able to see that you can get back to where you are now...J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00