A reason to live...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
I can't think of a single reason to live...so why should I have to stay here? To endure pain and hurt the rest of my life? Better to end it now than to go on with this pointless existence...

You know I honestly feel that way most of the time. But look, I am still here alive and trying to see something beautiful along the way. Probably, we just all need to feel all these bad things because something good is coming. Always hope on that.

Iain

I am sorry that you feel this way right now. I guess Im in a good place right now, but during my crisis I certainly felt the way you do. I got through it all by drawing on the support of others. I took one moment at a time. I guess I just lived from moment to moment. If it helps drop me a line and I will listen to you.
Meanwhile I am sending positive thoughts your way

r127q

Separate yourself from that feeling, and act as if it is a person. Give the same compassion you'd give to someone else who is on a ledge and ready to jump -- give that compassion to this other side of yourself. Ask this person about their needs, desires, and anything that is creating this crisis. You don't have to talk outloud; you can type it like a conversation, draw it like a cartoon, form characters in modeling clay, or use generic little plastic people. Whatever medium you use, make it meaningful, but can also be humorous.

Thinking like this might help compartmentalize the pain into a form that can be more manageable. You can also create another profile here and speak to your self-destructive persona that way. Don't give up. There are ways out of this feeling. It won't last forever. Time will bring you out eventually.

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Thanks...all the advice has made me feel a bit better. I've found that my feelings can vary each day...sometimes I'm just mildly depressed, other times I'm ready to go.

Spidy71

On those really bad days try to focas on something but try not to do to much that will over whelm you and just remind yourself its just a bad day and will pass.I know it is hard as my lows kick my arse and another good option let it all out here cause it does make ya feel better and knowing people here will support you through it.

Iain

hi, Im glad your still here. Im with Spidy, on those bad days just focus on the moment you are in. Small steps. I hope you feel a little better soon. Im still thinking positive thoughts for you.

Trying to find happiness or a reason to carry on is worse than running a marathon or going for a26 mile hike across mountains - i've done both and trust me, the feeling of being drained just sat here thinking about whats happening around me its ten times worse than what I felt after finishing both of them.
I've taken advice like Spidys and focused on my work, my classes at college and my new relationship with an amazing woman, yet selfishly nearly everyday I feel dragged down.
Witty, there are moments when you don't even realize you have switched off these thoughts and eventually after help on here and with proffesional help, these thoughts will become far and few between to almost non existant.
We alll know why we have come to this website, we are all on the cusp of "the end"
I justhope for both of us, and everyone else on here that by September we can look back at this thread as a reminder things can better.
I must admit, I have given myself less time before I do anything to end it but I also need a focus month to say - "thats when things will be normal"
Ramble over :0/

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Thanks for your words...I don't think there is any hope though...at least not for me. Nothing ever works out in my favor and I'm sick of it.

I'm sorry you feel bad but you are a good person and good things will happen to you. You've always helped me out and I would really miss you on this forum. The people that care about you will miss you as well. I would give you a hug if I could I hope you feel better soon.

You aren't any of those things!!! you are a great caring person!!!! Whoever can't see that they deserves to be punched in the face. I'm wishing you the best because you deserve it:)

Witty_Sarcasm

πŸ¦„πŸ¦œπŸ§πŸŒˆπŸŒπŸ’–
SF Supporter
Sorry to say I'm following through with my plans, but I just want to thank everyone who replied to this thread. It really does mean a lot to me and I hope you will all find the happiness you're looking for.

Incurious

You can't do anything today. It's my birthday. I forbid it.

I don't know you but I do know that a lot of people care for you on here. You also help a lot of people with your replies. I giggle at a lot of your posts (the ones in the coffee house). You'll make someone the happiest guy in the world in the future. If something happened to you that guy will be lonely without you. The same goes for your friends.

I hope I read something from you tomorrow morning. If not, then I hope your happy.

Rainfall

You'll only be hurting your friends, and from the look of it, you have many. Suicide affects people like a flick of a finger affects dominoes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00