• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Empathy Only A Strange Realization

#1
Hey, everyone. I haven't logged on here for a long time because I've become relatively good at dealing with my suicidal thoughts on my own. I appreciate the site and everyone here being so supportive, but I like to try to keep my mind off of suicide in general so I don't visit much.

But I had a strange and almost horrifying realization about myself that I wanted to share. Recently I've been becoming more accepting of the idea of committing suicide. It occurred to me that over the past 10 years or so I've been going through the 5 Stages of Grief, but in this case about my own death.

The first time I stayed in a mental ward I was in Denial. After leaving and trying to work on myself I was Angry, but still made an effort to make things right. Eventually I decided my life would never be exactly how I envisioned it and I started Bargaining with myself that I could find a different purpose and happiness than I once thought. For a long time afterwards I've suffered from the Depression phase.

Lately a lot of things have gone wrong in my life, like many others through the pandemic. But I reached a state of peace or Acceptance after reasoning with myself that I was better off dead. There are a few things that I still want to accomplish in the short term of a year, but after that I genuinely see no purpose in continuing to live.

My death would affect my mom and our dog, but they are my only close loved ones and they have each other. My mom has suffered with severe physical illnesses for much of her life, so I believe she would be understanding of my desire to end my somewhat different mental suffering. She has her boyfriend (my father passed when I was a teen) and brother to help her with the minor assistance she needs on occassion.

Most people I know or once knew would likely not even be aware that I passed. I have to die one day and I have access to a method that most people don't (I won't mention it), where I could go with minimal pain or awareness. So before next winter comes, I might decide it's time. I live in Canada and hate the winters here, so that seems like the ideal time.

Thanks to anyone who read my long post or leaves a comment.
 

iloverachel

No longer suicidal after 8 years of depression
#2
Hey I am sorry you are suffering so much and for so long
I really hope you find a way to heal from all the pain you are going through.

You said that you have become relatively good at dealing with suicidal thoughts on your own. Was there anything that happened recently that made it difficult again? Sometimes we make progress and then depression knocks us back and it can feel frustrating and hopeless. I believe and hope you can move forward again and become good again with dealing with suicidal thoughts.

You also have us so you do not have to deal with this battle alone! Best of luck
 
#4
Hey I am sorry you are suffering so much and for so long
I really hope you find a way to heal from all the pain you are going through.

You said that you have become relatively good at dealing with suicidal thoughts on your own. Was there anything that happened recently that made it difficult again? Sometimes we make progress and then depression knocks us back and it can feel frustrating and hopeless. I believe and hope you can move forward again and become good again with dealing with suicidal thoughts.


You also have us so you do not have to deal with this battle alone! Best of luck
I have phases where sometimes I feel suicidal and other times I feel fine. I've been going through a few difficult situations lately, but maybe I can manage to get through it. Spending time with my dog helps to keep my mind off things. Thanks. *brohug

Im so impressed with your self insight and willingness to acknowledge it. I hope this allows you to continue to self search for other insights that can lead to alternatives.
Thank you. :) I think it's best for me to be aware of my negative thoughts over time. Maybe it can help me find a way to stop them from bothering me eventually, or like you said find an alternative to make thngs better.
 

1964dodge

Has a monkey as a friend
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
#5
at your age there are a lot of options in life. it may help for you to list all the things you want, including a family if you want it, or career choices. if it's not possible to do something cross it off, like if you'd want to be a lawyer but couldn't do the courses. maybe keep a log to show progress and pitfalls. this way you can work on the things that bother you. and mark all of the good things that happen. i hope you can eventually not be suicial.

mike...*hug*shake
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$15.00
Goal
$255.00
Top