Abortion wrong or right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G
i wanted to ask this question and i'm sorry if it upsets anyone i am just curious about peoples views seems i am doing it in school

Is Abortion right or wrong?

B

breath

i think it much depends on the person, and the cirumstances, although i'm more on the it's wrong side....

laxgirl

I just want to first say I'm not going to be able to give a straightforward answer, so I'm sorry for that. But it's all because I firmly believes it depends on the situation and the individual. I used to be completely against abortions, and could never understand how someone could consider doing that to an innocent unborn child...looked at it in a sense as murder, and very cruel, and heartless. It wasn't until I found out a few of my friends were in situations and they themselves had abortions that I started to think about it more. I realized that I honestly couldn't say if I had gotten myself in a situation where I had to decide whether or not I would carry the baby to term what exactly I would choose to do. There was a time when I wasn't even 18 yet and I came face to face with the possibility of being in that place and realized that with my situation and my emotional condition I couldn't handle a child. I thought about the possibility of adoption, and the many families out there that are unable to have children of their own and how wonderful it would be to give them that gift, but then realized that I don't think I could ever give a child up after having formed such a bond with them and having the opportunity to hold him/her in my arms and look into those eyes. I then at that moment understood that it's a decision that no one can make for you or is it one where you should allow others views and opinions to influence you. It's something that you yourself are going to have to live with, and it's something that you yourself should have to decide. I've at times said that I would definitely support abortion in a situation where someone was raped and didn't feel that the individual should have to carry a baby to term knowing the torture and constant reminder of the event it would cause for that individual. But then I've heard about mother's who gave birth to a child who was conceived during a rape and they would never change having made the decision to keep the baby. So really I could go back and forth with issue and issue regarding the question of whether or not I think it's right. Being the person I am I would definitely say I'm more against abortion than for it but I know deep down inside that it's possible that one day I myself could have had to make the decision and have had one.
But anyway, I've definitely rambled on enough without giving an answer to the question...sorry about that...just wanted to write I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:

sosad

I agree with chrissy I dont really know the answer to that question, it depends apon the situation, and the people involved. I dont think that i personally would be able to have one but I wouldnt hold it against others if they chsoe to do it.

Deb

Jodi

Staff Alumni
I have to agree with Chrissy and Deb, that it does depend on the reasoning behind why someone would have an abortion. But as for me, I dont believe it is right to do, with the exception of medical health reasons for the mother carrying, but hey, its just my opinion.

Jodi

N

nurse4va

Personally, I think it's wrong, except in cases where the pregnancy is really a major threat to the mother's health, like ectopic pregnancies or where the pregnancy has caused something horrendous to happen to the mother. Chances are, that the developing baby is probably dead anyways.

But, that's my personal belief and opinion. There was a time when I had a situation where I had to really wonder what I would do; I was in nursing school, living at home, and the would-be father turned out to be a complete idiot. It's a really hard thing. I was "lucky" in a sense; if I had been pregnant, I wasn't pregnant for long. I believe that I did have a miscarriage.

I don't think it's right for a woman to use abortion as birth control though, because if the procedure isn't done right, it can cause infections and scarring and possibly infertility in the future. I took care of a couple of girls and women who'd had "botched" abortions and it made them really, really sick.

Anyhoo, that's just my two cents on it.

--Heather

Bob26003

My Opinion is that it is the Woman's choice. Who gives a damn what those whackos think. They call a glob a primordial goop a human life.

So,,,, Wot do we do? Go back to the days of backalley abortions with coathangers? NO!!!!!!!!

Quit having sex? I dont think so.........

True, abortion is ugly........ But so is a single Mother struggling to raise kids in a society that does not give a damn.

You never hear the Right Wing douchebags talking about that.

:mad:

P

ProzacDeathWish

I wish my mother had aborted me. If that had been my fate, then I would not be sitting in front of my computer posting on a suicide forum.

Sorry mike, I know my response probably makes your skin crawl...just being honest though.:mellow:

Axiom

Account Closed
Abortion is right in my opinon. There's many reasons, the ones that stick out for me, if a women is raped and becomes inpregnated by her attacker, and if she is pregnant and discovers her child has a serious disability, or disorder that will limit the babys future life.

worlds edge

Abortion is right in my opinon. There's many reasons, the ones that stick out for me, if a women is raped and becomes inpregnated by her attacker, and if she is pregnant and discovers her child has a serious disability, or disorder that will limit the babys future life.
Then would infanticide be okay? I see nothing you're saying that would preclude that, either. Especially if the disability or disorder escapes detection until after birth. Seems to follow logically, doesn't it?

immure

Account Closed
i believe if a women has body awareness abortions can be avoided. i believe that it is wrong the moment the heart beat begins. this happens shortly after conseption it is easy to pass a "blob" as i read it in anothers post by simple teas and things that tell the uteras to pass what ever it has in it. i think that if some one nows the risk is there u don t wait to find a beating little life force u have the products u need on hand and u pass the blob before it turns to life. for i agree only the women really nows if the world in wich the baby would come into is fit for a baby. and some times we all now it is not. i would have no religious guilt handling it the way i have shared here. i would never be able to stop another beating heart though with out my being nowing i killed another life. and one that was part of me.

Axiom

Account Closed
I should have put the timeframe. In my view, 3-4 months is roughly around enough time to make an appriopriate choice, after that, they should continue with the pregnancy, and if they have doubts about keeping the child then move forward with giving the child to an adoption agency.

Then would infanticide be okay? I see nothing you're saying that would preclude that, either. Especially if the disability or disorder escapes detection until after birth. Seems to follow logically, doesn't it?
Now, we're talking about abortion. Pre-birth. You jumped a huge line. You moved after birth. Im not bothering to defend or logically take apart your statement.

Just_visiting

I always thought abortion was wrong, unless there were extreme circumstances such as rape or the mothers life being at risk. However recently i found myself pregnant and alone and i did consider having an abortion which is something i always sed i wud never do. I dont think u can really say abortion is wrong or that someone shudnt have an abortion untill u have been there your self.

I am happy to say that i didnt have an abortion and in a few months i'll hopefully have a beautiful healthy baby boy. I dont regret the decision not to have the abortion but i also wud support anyone that chose to have an abortion because i no what those feelings are like.

Just my opinion
L1

What I whole heartdly beleive is it should be illegal to get abortions, unless it's a severe health risk for the baby or mother. I still personally would let my baby be born and let myseld die, but that's me. If you get pregnant instead of murdering a child who could very well have a great life, have the child and give it up for adoption, theirs SEVERAL secure couples who can't have their own kis that would give their right arm for a precious baby. I can see this also because I know I love children and even in the future when/if I get better I will still never be able to have a child, it's a gift. Don't shit on it.

My mother had two miscarriages before I came along. Wish she'd had three. :mellow:
A little off topic but this is really pointless.. We are talking about weather Abortion is right or not, not complaining about how we "Should have been a miscarage"

ANYWAYS, i think that Abortion is totally cool depending on the circumstances. If a girl is raped then the Abortion should be fine. IF the girl would be hurt in the birthing process, then it should also be an option, OR she can get a C-Section.

It SHOULD NOT be legal If, She cannot support the baby, and didn't think ahead of time, didn't use protection, OR just "Wanted a baby to make life better" I think people like that are fucking stupid

<mod edit: bunny - offencive>

Last edited by a moderator:

PoetMan

A little off topic but this is really pointless.. We are talking about weather Abortion is right or not, not complaining about how we "Should have been a miscarage"
Ditto

I'm going to explain my position in a little more detail.

I used to be opposed to abortion for any reason. That was how I was raised religiously and I didn't think anything about it. Then I realized that there is such a thing as better off dead.
If the child would be better off dead (i.e. rape, incest, underage mother who can't take care of it) or if the mother can't deliver the baby safely then abortion is not only right it's necessary.
On the other hand, if a middle-aged woman forgets to take her pill and winds up pregnant, that's her fault and the baby shouldn't have to die for her mistake.
Nevertheless, right and wrong in my eyes usually comes down to whether it's legal or illegal, and as abortion is legal that means that legally there's nothing wrong with it.

I don't like the idea of abortion in any case UNLESS the child who's potentially going to be born has none or very little chance of surviving, or if it will permenantly hurt the mother before or during the birthing process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00