Hi,
I was seeing a therapist and Psychiatrist at a mental health place. They had DBT but the person running the group does not take my insurance which I find strange. I went to another place and seeing a Psychiatrist. This place is refusing for me to have an interpreter in the DBT group. Why? I'm deaf and I need an interpreter for the group. Now it's the ADA law. I have someone helping me from Deaf and Hard of Hearing place. I have not heard from her in a while. I had send her a few E-mails and she has not responded back. I'm getting frustrated like no one want to help. I have one option that is to see an therapist at another location. Thing is there will be a co-pay each time I see her and not sure if they will allow an interpreter be there. I'm really lost at this time.
I was seeing a therapist and Psychiatrist at a mental health place. They had DBT but the person running the group does not take my insurance which I find strange. I went to another place and seeing a Psychiatrist. This place is refusing for me to have an interpreter in the DBT group. Why? I'm deaf and I need an interpreter for the group. Now it's the ADA law. I have someone helping me from Deaf and Hard of Hearing place. I have not heard from her in a while. I had send her a few E-mails and she has not responded back. I'm getting frustrated like no one want to help. I have one option that is to see an therapist at another location. Thing is there will be a co-pay each time I see her and not sure if they will allow an interpreter be there. I'm really lost at this time.