• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

About Therapy

Christa D

Hi,

I was seeing a therapist and Psychiatrist at a mental health place. They had DBT but the person running the group does not take my insurance which I find strange. I went to another place and seeing a Psychiatrist. This place is refusing for me to have an interpreter in the DBT group. Why? I'm deaf and I need an interpreter for the group. Now it's the ADA law. I have someone helping me from Deaf and Hard of Hearing place. I have not heard from her in a while. I had send her a few E-mails and she has not responded back. I'm getting frustrated like no one want to help. I have one option that is to see an therapist at another location. Thing is there will be a co-pay each time I see her and not sure if they will allow an interpreter be there. I'm really lost at this time.

Sad Elf

Hi

Do you have another contact at the hard of hearing place ? Have they said why you can't have an interpreter in the meeting ?

I am feeling cross on your behalf but as I am guessing we live in different countries I don't know what to suggest, can your doctor put you in touch with any groups that can help ?

I hope you manage to get the situation sorted.

Take care
Elf

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00