1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About to flip the f%@k out

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by Shorty92, Nov 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Shorty92

Shorty92 Well-Known Member

my daughter in her second year at school (5 years old) has been bed wetting 6 times in two weeks. I’ve been asking her are you happy and school and at home to both she replied yes.

Last night she wet the bed again so I spoke to her and asked her if any of her friends were being nasty to which she replied one of them was. My daughters words are as follows:
    “She hurts me every day”
    “She hits, kicks and pushes me”
    “She has her hands around my neck I couldn’t breath”
    Well that last one make me turn into a lioness over her cub.
    I’m fucking raging!
    I then asked her did she get told off she said yes a teacher saw it stopped her checked on my daughter then proceeded to tell the little girl off.
    My question is why the fuck wasn’t I called and told about another child throttling mine?
    I called the school which opens at 8.45 to pupils coming in.
    I started calling at 8, 7 calls later at 8.47 my call my answered, I asked to talk to her teacher which I was told and fully accepted once the class helper is in the class in 10-15 minutes time I will get a call back 30 minutes later still no call back. I’m getting more wound up as the minutes tick.
    I’m seriously considering moving school as this isn’t my first issue. There are many such as loosing my child thinking she was picked up from school but she accidentally got on a different bus. To which I had no apology for.

2. Ash600

Ash600 SF Creative SF Supporter

Sorry to hear for all the distress and anger you and your daughter are currently going through. From what you've mentioned, it does seem that this school is shirking its duty of care. I hope you'll be able to get this resolved in a satisfactorily manner for the both of you.
    Wishing you the best and hoping this bullying will be stopped right there and then.

Shorty92 likes this.
  3. Lulabelle

Lulabelle SF Supporter

I'm so sorry you and your little girl are going through this. My son had an awful time with bullying at secondary school and his teachers and head of year were worse than useless - his head of year even suggested to me that we get him a dog! I did ask if she meant a savage guard dog to bring into school to fight off the bullies...

Write a letter to the head, calmly explain all of your concerns and what has/hasn't been done. And send a copy to the chair of governors - that normally gets everyone standing to attention.

Shorty92 and Ash600 like this.
  4. Shorty92

Thank you both. Her teacher did call me back and when I explained it all to her she was upset as well. She said that she will go talk to that child today and keep a eye on my daughter to make sure that’s the end of it.

5. Ash600

In my opinion that is the least that teacher could do. I don't know whether it would be wise to inform the parents of the other child in the hope that this sort of behaviour will be stamped out by making her see that what she was doing was wrong. Guess this is really down to the attitudes of the other child's parents but if this can be nipped in the bud then it can save a whole lot of pain further down the line.

But glad that the teacher did ring you back and some sort of action will be taken.

Shorty92 likes this.
  6. Ash600

Of course it goes without saying that I truly hope that these incidents of bullying will not have any long term effects on your daughter, and that she will be able to put all this behind her and move on to what will hopefully be a happy life.

Shorty92 and Lulabelle like this.
  7. Shorty92

She’s been dry at night since I spoke to her teacher I know it’s only a few nights but she even seems better in herself as she was getting snappy and argumentative but now she is back to her normal self which is great :)

shadowrider, Lulabelle and Ash600 like this.
  8. Ash600

That's a relief, glad to here that Shorty, being a victim of bullying at school, both physically and verbally, I know what it can be like.

Shorty92 likes this.
  9. sassy123

sassy123 Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

Hugs glad things have gotten better poor kid. Glad you talked to her teacher

Shorty92 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.