abuse ?

Discussion in 'Domestic Abuse' started by indigo_skye, Feb 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indigo_skye

indigo_skye Well-Known Member

has been going on for awhile. everytime my dad is angry, drunk or both he hits me. he throws things at me. sometimes he hits me with his belt. when i got suspended from school for trying to protect myself from 2 bullies.
    he got major mad at me and went after me with his belt.

2. Acy

Acy Mama Bear - TLC, Common Sense Staff Member Safety & Support

Wow, I'm really sorry and sad to hear about this! :hug: Could you confide in a teacher or the school counsellor? It sounds like you could use some help and support in your corner.

3. indigo_skye

i would talk to a teacher or school councilor if i had not been asked not to return to school.

4. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

If he is harming you then you need to call authorities and let them know so they can keep you safe and get him help to stop this abuse

5. IceStorm

IceStorm Active Member

How long is your suspension? Even though you are suspended you should still be able to talk to the school counsellor. You could call the police or you could call the CPS hotline. Don't let it continue, you don't deserve to be treated that way.

6. indigo_skye

cps? the school asked me not to return.

7. IceStorm

IceStorm Active Member

CPS - child protective services. The school has an obligation to help when someone is being abused. I don't think a suspension relieves them of that. There are other places you can get help if you can't go to the school. Please just don't let this continue to you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.