Abusive dad

Sombre

Hi all, it’s been a while since I’ve posted and I’ve worked through a lot of my issues. This is sort of a rant/worry. My dad has always been a problem, he’s a dad that only pops up when he has an issue with what I’m doing which he bullies out of my mum. I’m 22 and live at home, and she’s vulnerable. He left when I was young and had no part in bringing me up until I was 6, then he had to until I was 9 because of issues with my mum. He was physically abusive and my stepmum was too, he lives a decent way away and doesn’t contribute to my life apart from stress and negativity. Right now he doesn’t agree with a decision I’ve made even though he has no say and has threatened violence in more ways than one. I’ve blocked his number but I’m now just living in fear that he’ll act on those threats. How can I keep such an abusive man away?

Sorry that you're going through this Sombre

You could try getting a formal restraining order.

If you are in the US, I've heard that this is a domestic violence resource
https://www.thehotline.org/

You might be able to find a domestic violence counselor who can advise you about how to proceed.

Does your mom still want to have contact with him? If not, the process of getting a restraining order might be easier

I hope things can get better soon

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$165.00
Goal
$255.00