Addicted to soda

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by morning rush, Apr 28, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. morning rush

morning rush Well-Known Member

my last ten dollars and what do I buy? soda and chips. I am so addicted to soda, I drink it everyday. Okay, so I used to drink dark soda (pepsi and coke) and so I've stopped it but I found that I've replace it with a white soda (soda crush more than seven up) although it is better than the dark's still bad...I can't stop it at all....

am I the only one who is addicted to soda? Has anyone successfully reduced or removed soda from their lives?

I am not really asking for ways, I just want to hear from people...I'm discouraged at myself, that I don't seem to have the will to stop it...I guess to some this is ridiculous...but it isnt to me...
  2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

used to be addicted to pepsi but now i don't drink and soda just lost interest in it
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I tend to drink a lot of soda if I have access to it, but if I don't, I'm probably still drinking other sugary drinks. It can be really hard to break addictions, so try not to be too hard on yourself about it.
  4. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Yes i am too :)
  5. kote

kote Account Closed

yes, im addicted to cola.
    years and years of it gave me diabetes.
    please get yourself checked for pre diabetes. the thirst is a sign and the need for sugar.
    you can avoid diabetes which is a nightmare if you swap to water. ive often swapped but always fallen back to cola.
  6. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

I drink a lot of soda. I'd rather drink fruit juices, but they cost a lot more. I love the energy drinks, but they cost more and are not really very good for you in abundance.

The way I look at it, and you may also, I have no other vice or bad habit.
    I don't smoke.
    I don't drink alcohol (occasional beer with a pizza, few times a month at most)
    I don't do any drugs (legal or illegal -- can't even get me to take an aspirin!)
    I don't lie, cheat or steal or do anything considered "bad" or immoral (that I'm aware of)
    I work hard, happily married, maintain a good lifestyle (could use more exercise but am usually too busy working)
    I am vegetarian and eat a very healthy diet...

Okay so... soda? If that's the worst thing, I think it's pretty good. A man's gotta have at least one bad habit, right? Look at your own situation and determine if it is the worst of things and then decide if maybe that one habit isn't such a bad one after all. UNLESS you are having any sort of potential medical or health issue resulting from the soda intake, of course!!!
  7. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Me and you definitely have a lot in common. I don't smoke, I don't take drugs, i don't drink alcohol unless its my birthday or christmas and I try and live a healthy lifestyle as much as possible. The only drugs, I do take is pain-killers for headaches and obviously my ADS.
  8. souncide

souncide Well-Known Member

I can't pass a day without drinking at least a glass of Coke. It drives me insane if I don't do it.
  9. flowers

flowers Senior Member

i like rooibos tea...... iced with lemon and a bit of stevia. Its a great subsititue I think. I get my rooibos from a tea shop. None of those pre packed teabags. The real bulk leaves. Its delicious

Iced hibiscus tea is great also. Well, maybe iced hibiscus and rooibos tea with a bit of stevia. oh that would be delicious.
  10. morning rush

you're right, I don't drink alcohol, nor take drugs (aside from the ones I take legally) nor go partying, nor do I smoke, cheat or steal or anything like that.

And I try to eat healthy stuff, do only real flaw is soda...and snacking...but some days I get discouraged and that was that day...I drank like 7 cans of soda...and that just made me sad that I couldn't control it...but I guess I need to take it one day at a time
  11. morning rush

roobois tea? I've never had that :) usually I don't sweeten tea but I guess I could try....I'll have to look it up and find the french version because i don't know the name :)
  12. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Its from south Africa. So maybe it is called something different in France. I think a tea shop would likely have it. Or an herb shop. I get mine from an herb shop. But I know that my health food store sells it in bulk. I like it with lemon and stevia. Delicious.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 1, 2013
  13. morning rush

I'm not from france :) I'm from quebec, canada's french province. They probably have it, but I don't lemon in tea...tastes too sweet, yuck....
  14. flowers

flowers Senior Member

I know a great herb shop in the US, 2 hours from Montreal. They have Rooibos (usually). Thats how I found out about it. But then again, the herbalist/owner there may know of a good herb/ tea shop in Quebec. I would be glad to ask her. Because she is a friend. And she is familiar with Quebec and the herbalist community
  15. Tinydancer1

Tinydancer1 Member

Just stumbled across this post and just wanted to say it is possible to stop ! It's hard but I've done it ! I was soooooo addicted to diet soda. I used to drink it constantly through out the day to stop me eating! I became so addicted to it and I actually ended up with problems because of the aspartame (sweetner) in it ! It made me very sick and I had no choice but to give it up! It's so addictive but it is possible, try swapping to fruit juice and drinking lots
    Of water ( I used to hate water!) but you get used to it! Please try give it up it absolute recks your teeth and you will end up having to pay thousands to get them fixed which is a situation you don't want to get yourself In to ! I know it's hard and I am here for you if you need any support ! X
  16. morning rush

thanks tinydancer1, yes I will try again. I'm at my last dark soda bottle and I have to soda crush which is white soda, and then I will try switching to juice and water permanently, maybe hot chocolate and herbal tea...

I already know about the teeth, when I managed to stop two months of dark soda, my teeth were so white, I was give me hope it can be done :)
  17. flowers

flowers Senior Member

Hi tinydancer1. I see you recently joined sf. Welcome !! At some point years ago I was drinking soda water with a little bit of juice added. No aspartame. I also used soda water with a bit of unsweetened cranberry juice and stevia that i get from a health food store. Not the pretend stevia they sell in grocery stores under the name of Truvia. That is manipulated and not good for anyone.
  18. Tinydancer1

Tinydancer1 Member

Heyy guys :)
    Yes morning rush it can be done if I can do it you can too! It's not gunna be easy but it will be worth it ! Try make a list of all the pros in giving it up and save the money to treat yourself with something else ! Take flowers advice with the soda water and some juice and when you get cravings for the sweetness have a big glass of water and then some fruit , honestly this works really well for sweet cravings ! You can do this I believe in you :) ! X
  19. flowers

flowers Senior Member

morning rush, my post sort of crossed with yours. 3 minutes apart. I think that your way, juice and water is much healthier than my way, juice and soda water. Soda water is not good at all for bones. They claim its because of Phosphoric acid in the soda water, and most other sodas. So that is really the reason I stopped drinking soda water many years ago.
  20. morning rush

I do drink "Jus Petillant" french for sparkling juice I think. So I can buy some of those and when I get a craving for a soda I can have one of least for now I guess...I am a bit scared of going without soda but I will try and try until I succeed :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.