After 4 years

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by gentlelady, Feb 23, 2012.

1. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Susan, it took them 4 long years but they final gathered enough evidence to arrest your ex-husband Marty for your murder. What he did was unthinkable. I know this is a long process and nowhere near the end, but maybe now your family can start the healing process and get closure. Your parents are doing the best they can for your children. The suicide of your brother in December has been really difficult for them. And now they will need the strength to relive what happened to you. You are still thought of every day. Justice will win and I hope other women can learn just how serious domestic violence is. It really can happen to anyone. Even when you think you have broken free and moved on. I love and miss you Susie.

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

I am so glad justice is being made here so her family can move on now her children will be safe from his reach I am sorry her brother left as well but i do hope her parents have support
    gentlelady to get them through it all again Hugs to you.

3. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

My dear, Gentle...so much tragedy...but it must feel satisfying that her ex was finally caught...know how much I care, and that you are in so many people's hearts here

4. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

My sincerest thanks to you both. I never imagined in my wildest dreams that I would have two murder trials of two friends from two different communities going on at the same time. I know how difficult they will be, but I also know that closure will not be complete until all is said and done. Those friends and families left behind will need so much support in the coming months and possibly years as these types of trials can be neverending with the appeals process.

5. Sadeyes

Sadeyes Staff Alumni

Wishing the strength needed to get through something like this...hopefully they will find some peace

6. total eclipse

YOu would hope the judicial system would not let these matters go on for so long how they destroy the family hugs to you and them

7. gentlelady

gentlelady Staff Alumni

Not guilty. In both cases the plea is not guilty. In Susan's case, her extra has always denied it. in Sherry's, one if the rwo menu confessed giving details of the kidnapping and subsequent murder. WTF!!! You admit it, tell how, yet you are not guilty? There are no words to express how I feel right now. Own up to your actions. Take responsibility for your choices. Spare her friends and family the grief. Let use lay her to rest. Please.

8. 1Lefty

1Lefty Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. My sister was a victim of domestic violence, then stalking and vandalism after the divorce. Law enforcement didn't seem concerned enough to pursue the matter until he made a phone call threatening to kill a cop. Then there was some action and what little time he spent was for that.

9. IV2010

IV2010 Well-Known Member

Gentle...I think the laws an ass!
    I'm s sorry for you and the friends you lost
    I too don't understand how the guilty have more rights than the innocent victims
    my daughter had to flee her violent partner and he won't let go..always a worry. *hug*

10. total eclipse

Hugs to you hun keep you safe okay Law is so blind at times god Domestic violence just does not seem to hit their radar i don't understand why the hell it doesn't with so many people getting murdered You keep you safe okay