Almost asking for irl help

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by RESTurtles, Sep 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RESTurtles

RESTurtles Well-Known Member

Theres alot going on in my life right now, more than everything ive been through in my life combined. Its a waste to explain it all, to be honest. I wake up with the same feelings I went to sleep with, the same feelings I dream with, I even talk in my sleep, worst things kids are in the house I sleep in. Im almost to the point to call a hotline, but if I do, I feel im asking for help and in return the cops will be called and I wont be able to support anybody or habits that we have,

Im afraid they will take my things away, I do have guns with permits, im sure everything I have will be touched or taken away. I havent sh in a week or so, I have the urges to, but get called out on new ones, or even if its not from sh, people look down on me when they see me. Enough going on.

I know I dont have the money to get counseling, let alone prescriptions. I was going to call a local mental hospital to get quotes, but im having second thoughts.

2. gchicklet

gchicklet Well-Known Member

Get yourself some help hun. They won't take your guns unless your at risk for using them.

There are ways to get the help you need. If you don't want the cops called, have someone take you to the local ER. that's what I did. It's made a world of difference so far.

3. RESTurtles

RESTurtles Well-Known Member

I called a local mental hospital, I might just go in monday and fill out some papers and get an assessment, she sounded nice, calm voice. Im still hesitant to get help, but ill see where this road takes me.

I just wish my friends and family were the ones to tell me somethings wrong. They wont know or understand till they see it.

Thanks for the reply.

4. stapleremover

stapleremover Chat Buddy

If you are in the US, you can call the Suicide Hotline at 1-800-273-8255 and talk to a counselor anonymously...I've called them countless times myself, and I don't think it's even possible for them to know where you are located or send anyone to your house. I have had one of the Hotline counselors refer me to a local service (they gave me a local phone number that I could call) that would send a counselor to my house if I wanted them to, but it was my choice and I've only had someone come out to my house once. There might or might not be a similar service where you live, but if you're just wanting someone to talk to, the Hotline is a good place to start.

Good luck to you - keep coming here and let us know how things go.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.