almost two years

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by ATLAFlame, Dec 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ATLAFlame

ATLAFlame Banned Member

It was almost two years ago now that i was pressured and coerced by both my parents and a couple of medical professionals into the mental health services (an eating disorder service), this caused me many problems and made me a lot worse than I was

And well... look how far I've come, I did say to the professionals and everyone else how i didn't actually need the services. And... I PROVED IT!

Nobody believed i could do it and everyone wanted me in the services because they thought that the ONLY way to recover from a mental disorder is psychiatric treatment, drugs, psychiatrists, hospitals and therapy. Well, they were wrong.
    Without a single eating disorder appointment or any other form of medical intervention, voluntary, coerced or forced, I have bested my anorexia. Admittedly i am still struggling with gaining weight, but I've always had trouble with that side of things, having a high metabolism i could eat endlessly and only put on a pound or two.

So those who laughed cos I said i could do it by myself, or were doubtful, or were downright rude or abusive towards me for the simple reason being I didn't want psychiatric help (none of these things were said by anyone on this forum by the way so please don't take offense at anything I'm saying here), I was right. I did not need that kind of help.

2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

Whatever you did, congrats not many can do what you did. Keep up the good work.

3. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Hope you continue to do well hun way to go

4. ATLAFlame

ATLAFlame Banned Member

Anorexia will not beat me. Ever.

5. ATLAFlame

ATLAFlame Banned Member

I believe that everyone has the potential to overcome anorexia.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.