am i a dissapointment

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Nix Void, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nix Void

Nix Void Member

i hate eating, i feel so much better (mentally)/happier on an empty stomach.... but recently my friend has been guilt tripping me so i'll eat. i understand that he has good intentions, but when i eat "normally" i feel like shit and hate myself... what should i do?
  2. DrownedFishOnFire

DrownedFishOnFire Quieta non movere

What about looking into Therapy to figure out why you feel the way you do?

I force myself to eat when I'm not hungry, it never ends. I eat more now because my body is breaking down, my hair, nails and heart isn't looking good so I try to take care of eating. I know the feeling of feeling better on empty stomach, gone 5 days without eating before it feels good but it's bad for you.
  3. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

You aren't a disappointment, and your friend should be supportive instead of guilt tripping you into eating. Even if he thinks he is coming from a good place, it is still not helpful.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

I really think you should see a therapist, your friend probably has their heart in the right place but it's coming out all wrong! And that goes for a lot of things, ''them'' trying to understand our various issues...we may as well be hitting our head off a brick wall. Some just cannot grasp what we're going through and where our thoughts are coming from. I hope you can get help for why you are doing what you're doing. Good luck.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.