Am I going insane ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaNg0s

Lately I have just been feel so overwhelmed by everything. When something happens to annoy me I feel fine then all of a sudden a couple of hours later I just break down. My mood swings are horrible I feel happy then a few mins later I feel sad it is just up and down all day and has gotten in the way of my college work and some personal relationships. I am snapping a lot I find myself just snapping at everyone and I hate it afterwards I just feel so bad I apologize straight away but I don't want to be in that position. Today I broke down I was laughing but crying at the same time it was the weirdest thing its like I can't let go I want to just explode but I can't all I can do is laugh. I really think I am going insane does this happen to anyone else ? Also I am getting these horrible chest pains they come out of no where my chest feels so tight a lot of the time and I get these horrible headaches.

Last edited by a moderator:
have you told your doctor about your mood swings?

there could be a bunch of causes, but a professional can help you figure them out. anxiety can make you feel like this, so can stress, or it could be some form of bipolar (rapid cycling), or a reaction to any medication that you are taking.

MaNg0s

have you told your doctor about your mood swings?

there could be a bunch of causes, but a professional can help you figure them out. anxiety can make you feel like this, so can stress, or it could be some form of bipolar (rapid cycling), or a reaction to any medication that you are taking.
I used to see a therapist and used to take meds. But meds made me feel worse and due to insurance problems I could no longer see a therapist. I was just diagnosed with generalised anxiety and depression before.

well grounding is something i heard about this week, and it's something i've done instinctively. how it works for me is i take a stone (my 'lucky' stone actually) as a symbol of being calmly and fully connected to the earth. i hold it and i remember the beach where i picked it up, the sun on my face, the wind blowing, you know, all the good stuff. every time i hold the stone it reminds me of the earth and how i am a part of this planet. it's a bit hippy-like, but i find it calms me down when i'm really agitated.

Xian

yeah it definitely sounds like an anxiety disorder, if you're snapping it may be some kind of personality disorder too...i know that stuff can really mess you up and make you fell crazy.
:hug:

LastCrusade

could possibly be bi-polar. manic depressives prescribed with ADs will go haywire. better check with ur doc for possible manic depression instead of atypical depression.

could possibly be bi-polar. manic depressives prescribed with ADs will go haywire. better check with ur doc for possible manic depression instead of atypical depression.
yup. that was me. 3 1/2 months on AD and i started bugging out. now on a mood stabilizer and starting to feel better.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
I get chest pains, headaches, and sometimes in the middle of crying in the middle of nowhere, I'll start cracking up. Sometimes it's really funny and sometimes I'm just like where the fuck did that come from :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$70.00
Goal
$255.00