Am I still suffering from depression ?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by SadLife, Jan 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SadLife

SadLife Member

2 years ago my dad pass away in an accident. So in my family there is only me and my mother.And she had mental breakdown few days after my dad pass on . Which I have to do everything on my own and I couldn't take the stress from school and my emotion *I had thoughts of killing myself before.

Right now I don't have the thoughts of ending my life but most of the days I couldn't sleep well and feeling very vex. Sometimes i do things without focusing end up in get into trouble
  2. demuredawn

demuredawn Well-Known Member

hmm not sure if its depression or not... it could be, but it could be a variety of mental disorders/illnesses, and then it could just be severe stress too.... only real way to know for sure, is to see a psychiatrist for a diagnosis
  3. AnaNg

AnaNg Antiquities Friend

It is certainly possible, especially if you have never talked to a therapist or counsellor about your grief. Grief is a natural process, but when you are thrown into it very suddenly (like when a person dies in an accident) it can be helpful to talk to a professional as you try to process the loss. Given that you had the additional stress of your mom's breakdown as well, it is even more important that you seek out the help of a trained professional who can help you through this. As demuredawn said, your symptoms could be indicative of other mental health disorders, but either way, you definitely need the help of a psychiatrist to get an initial diagnosis and most likely a therapist to talk to about the issues you are facing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.