Angels and demons.

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by bagofbonesx, Jan 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bagofbonesx

bagofbonesx New Member

Doctors at the hospital say that I have religious psychosis, but I just think that they don't understand the weight of having to socialize with angels and demons all day. It's tiring. The angels want me on their side, to fight for Heaven and be a good orthodox Christian. But, then, the demons step in and try to persuade me to join Hell's side. It's all very confusing and overwhelming. I can hardly sleep without having them all pop in and chat in the middle of the night. Zadkiel is the worst - though he's my favorite angel, and my friend, he visits me the most and it's always at the most inconvenient times. It's not that I don't enjoy seeing him, it's just that I'm exhausted and it can get annoying to have him pop in every couple of hours with news about the angels and demons. Does anyone else have any kind of religious disorder or religious beliefs that conflict with their suicidal feelings/self worth?
  2. smwhorses

smwhorses Well-Known Member

Most people are religious, some a little most a lot. Often people have thoughts and feelings that seem "wrong" or different from what they have been taught by their faith. It just depends on each person on if these conflicts increases or decreases their desire to suicide. It is always up to an individual to decide how close to the core of their religion they want to live their life.

It sounds like the Doctors want to place a label on what you are experiencing because it is affecting your ability to function. They may not fully understand what you are going through but they should be able to help you at least be able to sleep at night.
  3. bagofbonesx

bagofbonesx New Member

The doctors don't understand that this is important. That I have a job to do. That even though it's annoying to be interrupted all the time, it's important because this concerns my soul. If I am damned to Hell, what then? I refuse to rot in Hell for eternity. But, I also don't feel good enough, worthy enough, to fight on Heaven's side. I have made many mistakes. I'm a sinner, more than some, less than others. But, I've never felt worthy enough for anything even remotely as big as this. Zadkiel believes in me - says that I shouldn't think so low of myself. That I'm worthy in God's eyes. But where was God when I was suffering? Where is He now, when I am still suffering? I have never felt so torn and confused and overwhelmed in my life. But, I thank you for your support. I appreciate you taking the time to read and reply to this. God bless you.
  4. smwhorses

I wish I had more faith in my life. I cannot judge someones elses life. I do not know why some people are canonized as saints and others are called crazy.
    I pray your faith will soon give you peace and strength.

I have meet a few people who are so strong in their faith that their belief shines in everything they do and flows onto everyone around them. I hope you can meet someone like that who can help suggest what you need to do to ease your struggle. There is a lot of beauty in the world. I hope even in your struggles you can take some time and enjoy the beauty God placed on this earth and in his living creations.
  5. turryburry

turryburry Well-Known Member

The only way to find out for sure is to keep taking the medication they prescribed. The pills will not hurt you and God doesn't go anywhere just because of meds.
  6. Dan99

Dan99 Active Member

Hello bagofbonesx,

To be honest, i don't fully trust doctors anymore.......... after all, they make money for drug companies with the meds they prescribe........ then they label people this and that......... to me the real insanity is when someone labels a person a certain way just because he can't see what he sees.........

Personally i don't literally see or hear angels or demons but that's what basically happens in my head............ thoughts like "when feeling depressed......go out and help someone in need" (that's probably the angels talking)......but sometimes i think "altruism just makes betrayal possible." (that's the demons apparently)..... sometimes my thoughts keep looping over and over, TORMENTING me...... there's this voice in my head that won't shut up....... calling me worthless, etc...... it can't be "me" cuz i would never say those things to another human being.........
  7. smwhorses

I agree that there are bad Doctors out there. I will also say there are some very caring ones who became Doctors because they want to help people.

What happens inside our minds is not fully understood. A lot of times the Doctors are trying a drug because it has helped people with similar problems. When something affects our ability to function in society, our ability to interact with people or take care of ourselves then that is when a Doctor should help. This can be in our minds or in our body.

I am amazed that Doctors are just now figuring out what we eat has such an effect on our minds. With all the advances we are still so far behind in some areas.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.