Anger Problems:/

• Thread starter carbon monoxide perfume
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carbon monoxide perfume

When I was little I had to go to a therapist, for emotional issues, mostly anger.
So I don't know what makes me want to do this or not, I watch movies and stuff about people killing people, I kind of have a fascination with wanting to kill someone, because I know if someone says something to me that gets me mad, I will want to hurt them, and if no one is around me to stop me, I would want to hit them with something tell they can't move. I think I am going to try UFC at this college... maybe this will help me with anger problems? Might make me not want to hurt people? well I just want to know if theres anything I can do to make these thoughts go away, because I know there not normal, but then again whats normal:/

What's causing your anger? First you have to know what causes you to get mad. Maybe make a list? Then when you are in those situations recognize them as possible anger triggers. When you start to get mad take a second take a step back and think. Calm yourself down take a few deep breaths. Try to approach the situation in a clam positive way. Also maybe try avoiding violent movies?

There are people that have difficulties with anger management. You mentioned being in therapy when you were younger for this issue. Did they give you any coping skills to control this? Maybe you could try to use some of them.

Lady E

Well first off there is a difference between being fascinated and curious about murder as opposed to acting out on your feelings.
Apparently you do still have some resonant anger from when you were younger and although participating in the UFC may help take away some of that angry energy, but like twistedsweetlies said that you need some ways to cope with all this anger because you said yourself that someone won't always be there to intervene. Since you are in college maybe talking to a counselor/therapist on campus will at least give you the means to deal with some of that anger.
I hope you find the help controlling your anger.

Beret

Staff Alumni
Hope you will find here some sources and ppl that can help you to deal with your anger problems. Good luck, i understand its hard when youve a hard time in calming down. Perhaps you want to look in some kind of anger managment therapy.
Beret

It's hard tho, when you get caught up in the moment, you just lose control.
All the stuff I said is what they use in anger management classes. There are signs to look for when you start to get mad that you can kind of pull yourself out of it and take a step back to calm down. For example when you feel your heart rate go up or muscles tense some warning sign that your going to get mad try focusing on your breathing until you calm down and will be able to think more clearly.

What kind of anger are you talking about? Anger as in your mad at the world and everyone and every thing? Or anger like someone pisses you off and you get mad?

C

carbon monoxide perfume

It's weird, I will be perfectly happy, then all of a sudden I just will become angry, I guess it would have to be at the world, I don't like talking to therapist because then they get you on medication, that will make you act differently then you normally do, and I rather feel something then nothing at all:/

Do you know what’s triggering the anger? Do you think it's pent up anger? ?Has something in the past caused you to have this anger? You could try going to anger management classes. They won't put you on meds. Also if you went to a counselor they can't prescribe meds.

C

carbon monoxide perfume

Well in my past I was abused as a child by my mother for 6 years then they put me in a foster home then today with a caring famly. Maybe that caused my anger problems? For the being in the moment of losing control it kind of feels good knowing that you just "don't care" about what happens or what happens to the person I am going to take my anger out on.

Esmeralda

You are also at an age where a LOT of testosterone is in your body. My b/f (now husband!) had anger problems at that age and he definitely grew out of it. Let me guess...sometimes you just FEEL like getting into a fight, for seemingly no reason? It happens at that age. Try working out, lifting weights, etc. These things can really help to dissipate that feeling. Smoking some pot helped my hubby a lot, but I'm not necessarily advocating this, just telling you what I've experienced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00