Anger?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by bandgeeksrneato, Oct 31, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lately I've been really angry...about all kinds of stuff! Little things set me off...usually I'm pretty level headed and calm. In the last week or so I've just been mad! Mad at everyone and everything. I haven't let it manifest physically. I have yelled a lot and just been irritated in general. Does anyone have any constructive advice for me? I know this is a part of my depression, but I haven't ever been this mad! I have thought about just punching people in the face. Just tired of being screwed over on a daily basis.

2. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Hello. I was angry most of my life. I have a few tips to help out. One is to find something to wear yourself out physically when you are angry: run, swim, clean..etc. Second try to get to the bottom of why you are so angry. Write a list find where all this anger is stemming from, and deal with it in a constructive way. If something needs to be said, say it. If someone needs to be forgiven forgive. You will never be able to move forward until you deal with the main issue. Trust me I know.

3. Daphna

Daphna Well-Known Member

Oh yeah get plenty of sleep, drink lots of water, and eat regularly. You would be surprised at how moody we get if we are lacking in any of these departments. I hope this helps. And if you do drugs of any sort get off of them. They are only making things worse.

4. Thank you! No I don't do drugs or anything...not sure what the root of my issue is but it's pretty annoying!

5. xsomewhatdamagedx

xsomewhatdamagedx Well-Known Member

I get angry a lot to and one of the worst thing to do is let it all build up so instead of letting it build up I blog about it or I write about it in a note book (my favourite option is the notebook because I can say what I want without having to worry about people getting upset or angry about it) I know it may not be a lot of help but at least it get's things out in a less destructive way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.