1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anniversary

Discussion in 'Grief and Bereavement' started by lightning05, Nov 6, 2017.

1. lightning05

lightning05 Well-Known Member

Last week was the 7 year anniversary of my uncle's death. I can't believe it's been 7 years. The fact that we have gone without him for that long feels unfathomable. Not a day goes by that I don't miss him, but anniversaries are always hard.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Member Safety & Support SF Supporter

I'm so sorry for your loss, anniversaries are extremely tough, SF is here for you. What about doing something positive to remember him by lighting some candles and saying a prayer if religious? May he rest in peace.

Dawn likes this.
  3. lightning05

Thanks for your response @Petal . I actually made a Dia de los Muertos altar this year for him and a close friend that passed. That made me feel really good and was a way to remember some of his favorite things and recall the times we spent together.

Petal likes this.
  4. Walker

Walker Everything Zen Staff Member Safety & Support SF Social Media SF Supporter

{{{hugs}}}

[​IMG]

Dawn and lightning05 like this.
  5. nobodyknows71

nobodyknows71 You know it’s sad but true... Forum Pro SF Supporter

I hear you @lightning05 in 11 days time it will be two years since my dad died. And not a single day goes by when he doesn't enter my mind. It can be the slightest reminder of catching a glimpse of the silly teddy I bought him for his last Father's Day to a complete freak out when I chase a guy walking down the street thinking it's him. Yep I did that once.
    So much has happened since he died and I haven't been able to talk to him about any of it. In person that is. I talk to him in my mind a lot, and out loud when I go to the cemetery. Yeah I'm nuts but what do you do.

I love the day of the dead and really want to go to Mexico one year to be there in person and I agree it's a great way to remember those no longer here.

You're right anniversaries are hard but the rest of the time is hard too.

You're in my thoughts

Dawn and lightning05 like this.
  6. lightning05

@nobodyknows71 I'm really sorry to hear about your dad. Yes it's tough all the time for sure. And talking to him isn't crazy at all. My uncle was cremated but I would still go to the cemetery and talk to him when I needed to. My thoughts are with you as well through this tough time. Grief is just so hard. *hugs*

nobodyknows71 and Dawn like this.