Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Ljt, Jun 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

Had a horrific night at work and now feel very anxious and fidgety. Nothing seems to take this away. All adds more onto my depression a sense of not being able to control my thought and can't relax
  2. youRprecious!

youRprecious! Antiquities Friend

Hi Ljt - regular walking for 30 mins a day really does help, if you can find the time to make it a habit. Other than that, playing soothing music and learning some meditation techniques can help, as well as learning how to do "truth-coaching" to help the thought control - it is a technique you can learn, and it has saved my sanity :)
  3. Ljt

Ljt Well-Known Member

I have tried recently to cycle into work but it's a nightmare off a Nightshift and trying to cycle home. Ha. I thought that would tire me out so I can get a good sleep but nothing seems to work.
  4. Hatshepsut

Hatshepsut Guest

I agree. And crum, I'm not doing it! But it does help, and sometimes sitting on the edge of the bed and breathing deep helps with anxiety--I get physically sick when anxious now, probably because I'm not as young and my body doesn't deal with the hormone surge like it used to. What it means is, these emotions have some potential to damage the body. It's well worth trying to limit the scope of anxiety...

I will make a guess that insomnia will go away on its own, but it may take a week or two. If it doesn't go away after a few weeks then it may be a good idea to see a doctor about it. But sleeping pills and depression don't mix, usually. Ditto about sleep problems & life circumstances--if there's something going on in daytime life, the sleeplessness has a reason--the problem has to be addressed, then better sleep will come.

Best wishes & best of luck to you. You deserve the best.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
  5. Twocky61

Twocky61 Banned Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.