Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Brittless, Jul 6, 2016.

1. Brittless

Brittless Well-Known Member

A lot of the time I get this light jello-y ball in the pit of my stomach and it gets lodged in my throat stopping me from speaking or wanting to cause too much conflict even though I have opinions that some would feel conflicted with. I used to like conflict and like a challenge but these days I feel really voiceless and powerless. It must be in my head but I have no idea how I overcome it or if it's even anxiety. I don't really know what it sprung from. It did happen after I got sick and retreated inside myself socially and in other ways as well.

Im not really sure what to do. I feel so helpless.

2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, way back in 2007-09 I used to suffer from anxiety induced vomiting after something that was traumatic to me and I was prescribed a medicine called stemetil for it, it helps a small bit. I'm not totally sure what you are going through but just thought I'd give my 2 cents on what helped me. Ginger ale is good for nausea/vomiting. The med I mentioned and another medication called vertigon. I hope you see the doctor about this, do you plan to? @Brittless

3. Brittless

Brittless Well-Known Member

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes, I have to see the doctor about a lot of things so I hope to cover everything in one big swoop. I just hope he/she takes me seriously.

Petal likes this.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

You are most welcome, anxiety can affect most of your body, unfortunately it is an invisible illness for the most part so what I would suggest is keeping a diary of the dates and what's happening and present it to the doctor, I sure hope you are taken seriously too. You are welcome to PM me anytime @Brittless

iam and Brittless like this.
  5. Huw

Huw Well-Known Member

As a boy I had unbearable shyness. As a youth I used drugs and alcohol to get over my shyness. As a young man I became incoherent through drug and alcohol abuse. Now as a mature male I have confidence and speak with authority in my profession. People listen and pay a lot of money for my advice.

You are young Brittless and simply lack confidence. What's the rush? Opinions are worthless, but facts are priceless. Learn to speak about facts, but do some research first. You'll then instigate conversations instead of voicing opinions.

Hope this is of some use.

6. SillyOldBear

SillyOldBear Teddy Bear Fanatic Staff Member Safety & Support

Anxiety is horrible. It can cause a tremendous amount of different symptoms. Shaking, shortness of breath, dizziness, hard time swallowing, stomach upset, etc. And then all these symptoms can convince you that you are dying, which only increases the anxiety. I vicious circle. The best thing for it that I have found is a tranquilizer, but they are so very addictive. I wish they weren't. I'd pop one almost everyday.

Brittless likes this.