Any creative programs for improving mental strength?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nicesinging1

Physical strength vs. mental strength. Just because you are physically strong doesn't mean you are mental strong as well. Vice versa. But if I had a choice, I would rather be mentally strong than physically strong.
Looking around, I see so many products being advertised in the mainstream media about improving physical strength, such as gym memberships, good diet programs, all the health supplements, sports club, outdoor activity club, all the workout machines, etc...
But in contrast, for improving mental strength, all I see is a bunch of depression medicine ads which I actually believe only calms the moods, not strengthen the mental capacity.
Do you guys know any good workout regimen or program for improving mental strength outside the realm of typical methods such as taking anti-depressants or going to counseling? How about things like yoga and meditation? Would it improve mental strength?
Thanks in advance for any insights.

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
Meditation yoga but mainly exercise has been the best for improving mental problems like depression. Exercise, fresh air, learning something new get brain working differently as well. Sociallizing get out talking to people increases self esteem self confidence. take care

Chargette

Read books, take up a craft, write.

I crochet, make jewelry, draw, and paint. I'd like to get back out to the college and take more ceramics classes.

fromthatshow

Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Can't really say anything that you or the above posters haven't said.
But I completely agree. I would rather be mentally healthy than physically healthy. What good is physical health is you're depressed?

blueman

I have a friend who was in a depressive state for such a long time.
After years of sitting at home every night, not going out, he recently started playing football as a form of exercise. This got him to take up other sports. Now he hates being in the house and his mind is in better health than it has ever been! I think I should follow in his footsteps!
Just have to see what games I like.....hmmm....football....badminton....tennis.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00