Anybody else on here Anti-Psychiatry?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have lived depressed my whole life. I have never been "Ill" though. I have been "Diagnosed" with over 5 "Psychological conditions" and 2 "Personality Disorders." But the truth of it is, I am NOT, and never was sick, ill, psyco, or any other term but NORMAL. I was 8 years old when I started to appear different. I only acted as any typical 8 year old boy who was abused would act. But, it was hard for my parents to understand. So I was put on my first set of psychological drugs. Long story short, I grew up poisoned and by 14 I had 13 medications/day and weighed over 345 lbs. I know I was never in need of any medications. I needed someone to believe me when I said my father was a bad man. I was used. I have also come across the absolute truth about the psychological industry! That's right, INDUSTRY! I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post links to other web sites, but go to youtube and search "antipsychiatry" or look up "Dr. Thomas Szasz". This whole world is corrupted. I hate to think people are being brainwashed into believing this kind of controlling force. I'm just a normal person. AND SO ARE YOU! Being poisoned is a crime. I believe we are being poisoned, and are paying MONTHLY fees to have it done! Our own children are being killed. ADD and ADHD are the most sorry excuses for a diagnosis I've ever heard. Of coarse this is all MY belief. I kind of expect 90-95% of this website to disagree, but the sooner you realize there is nothing wrong with you, you realize what is really going on! At least check into it...

just.me

Account Closed
well, i suffer from bi polar disorder for many years
and only thanks to my "corrupt" psychiatrist, i found the meds i need
and for the past 7 months or so my suicidal thoughts rate fell by 2300%
in addition i met psychologists on weekly basis, they helped me a lot too
so i am a living proof of the working power of this "industry"

and you overweight problems that you had or may have
doesn't mean it from pills
many American kids suffer from it and they don't take pills
plus psychological trauma may cause the victim to eat a lot...

total eclipse

SF Friend
Staff Alumni
You have good psychiatrist and bad ones just like with every profession I think because you may have had some bad experiances you now are anti all of them Have you tried to find one that you can connect with that is helpful and has insight to your problems. Try because there are good ones out there. I know there is also bad ones so give it another chance we all need people to help us out sometimes.

pit

I think he's got a point. ADD and ADHD- I doubt they even exist. The psis (doctors) will invent any diagnosis to enrich their profession.

just.me

Account Closed
I think he's got a point. ADD and ADHD- I doubt they even exist. The psis (doctors) will invent any diagnosis to enrich their profession.
just one problem...
psis (doctors) do not invent anything, they just follow books
books authored by highly educated professors that do not benefit from the diagnostics at all...

wastedmylife

I am, most doctors are idiots I had to find out the hard way

Doctors are in the business of making money like every other asshole

What would Psychs do if everyone found peace and enlightment in their life, they would go out of business

Zurkhardo

Several points I'd like to make.

For one, as stated before, each profession has it's honest, genuine altruists and it's corrupt, self-serving demagogues. Indeed, many psychologists, doctors, and the like are unsavory people looking to make a profit. But numerous others are well meaning people who can help only through the system in place - however corruptible and abused it is.

Secondly, the blame must be shared by the public as well. It is our society that has taken to the simpler notion of needing a quick pill to fix any ailment. ADD is a case in point: most often than not the issue is disciplinary. Children aren't given enough proper strictness and are over-exposed to stimuli like television and video games. Rather than at least attempt disciplinary action and giving their children more productive activities, they opt for a pill (all the more reason given how busy they often are). Many doctors and psychologists are complicit in this, true, but if the people made more of an effort they wouldn't play into it.

i would say i am semi anti-psychiatry as i do believe that pills are handed out like a quick fix to someone's problems, take them a you'll be saved. But i am very Pro-Psychology because i do think that talking about things instead of just simply taking pills can help.

just.me

Account Closed
Several points I'd like to make.

For one, as stated before, each profession has it's honest, genuine altruists and it's corrupt, self-serving demagogues. Indeed, many psychologists, doctors, and the like are unsavory people looking to make a profit. But numerous others are well meaning people who can help only through the system in place - however corruptible and abused it is.

Secondly, the blame must be shared by the public as well. It is our society that has taken to the simpler notion of needing a quick pill to fix any ailment. ADD is a case in point: most often than not the issue is disciplinary. Children aren't given enough proper strictness and are over-exposed to stimuli like television and video games. Rather than at least attempt disciplinary action and giving their children more productive activities, they opt for a pill (all the more reason given how busy they often are). Many doctors and psychologists are complicit in this, true, but if the people made more of an effort they wouldn't play into it.
Agree 100%
Look at many of the Eastern European children
discipline is a huge part of every family, where the father is mostly the leader
and many are using harsh means to control their teenage children.
While in western country's kids are allowed to have much more then in eastern country's
and don't forget the laws that protecting the kids from abuse
which means that all parents can do is to talk to their kids
most parents never went threw a psychology course so they have no idea
on how to talk to their teenage kids, which results in a whole lot of issues

As a person who used to work for a dating agency
I must say that many Americans are looking for Russian\Ukrainian girls
mostly because they are disciplined, and most of them are loyal
they will also do house works without complaining because that is how the cloture works
the men are working, the women taking care of the house\children
while in western country's many men are having issues with relations
which results in more psychologists that working with those men
instead of working with the freedom brainwashed girls

I think you all are missing the point. Did anyone even go look up Dr. Thomas Szasz on youtube? He explains this whole phenomenon. I quote,

"Psychiatrists have for hundreds of years, used so called so-called Diagnostic terms to stigmatize and control people. I will only give you a few dramatic examples: When black slaves ran away from the south to freedom, it wasn't that they wanted to be free. The suffered from a disease called 'Drapetomania'. From 'Drapetes' - runaway slave, and mania. I'm not making this up, this was a legitimate diagnosis just like Attention Deficit Disorder is. Women, (Half the population of mankind of coarse) if they were foolish enough to rebel against domination by man, well then they had a serious disease called 'Hysteria', which was due to their wandering womb. Now none of those behaviors was a disease, and of coarse it's not a disease. But Nor is Attention Deficit Disorder a disease. No behavior or misbehavior is a disease or can be a disease! That's not what diseases are! When I went to medical school, 60 years ago, there were only a handful of mental disorders. I think no more than 6 or 7. Now there are more than 300! And new ones are being (quote) "Discovered" everyday. Labeling a child as mentally ill is stigmatization, not diagnosis. Giving a child a psychological drug is poisoning, not treatment. Typhoid Fever, is a disease. You all know that you don't question that. Spring Fever... All you have to know is English!" - Dr. Thomas Szasz

I know for a fact this is happening. It's not only my own experience, but the experience of my friends, my family, my fellow humans. I personally think this could be a problem that leads to our downfall. Just look at history for a moment will you? Around 1933 a man decided that all Jewish people were the reason for his country's depression and ordered the slaughter of all of them for no more than a single belief. He was a very good speaker and convinced everyone this was right. Welcome to WWII. Adolf Hitler was this man.

Psychiatry is not much different. They convince you that your child is "sick" and poison him/her from a very early age. Along with side effects, 10 years later this system has complete control of you and your child. They make more money than you could imagine, and get the support of the government! This is a GLOBAL CRISIS in my opinion! It is currently ILLEGAL to say no to a doctor who says your child needs medicated. Family services get involved and you loose all your children.

You will find what I'm talking about and more if only you put your fear aside and actually LOOK!

iKarma

I think many people don't understand why medication is given. Medication isn't going to magically fix every fucking problem. That is what therapy is for. The medication is there to treat the SYMPTOMS, not the ISSUE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$145.00
Goal
$255.00