Anyone doing ECT?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Danialla, Aug 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Danialla

Danialla Well-Known Member

Anyone doing ECT? Have you had any luck with it?

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Ihave not tried ECT but i have seen it work well on others as a last resort for treatment it did help

3. ECT is always used as a last resort after all medications failed.

4. Danialla

I have been doing ECT for almost a year now. It has helped with the "in the future" suicidal thoughts, although I still get the impulsive kind. ECT and a lot of medication keep me alive. It is definitely not my "will" to live that keeps me going.

5. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

Good for you, Danialla! I'm glad that it's helping you out so much. Keep up the good work..:)

6. Danialla

Thank you MisterBGone, I do try very hard. In fact my doctor today said I was his hardest working patient, although he probably says that to everyone, but he said none of his other patients go to work the same day they have ECT. He was very supportive and positive........he gave me hope.

7. MisterBGone

MisterBGone Well-Known Member

I don't think he was over-exaggerating. :) You've got some excellent fight in you. :) Keep battling!

8. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Way to go hun for having the courage to do what it takes to keep you well hugs

9. lost_in_a_fairytale

lost_in_a_fairytale Active Member

my friend has had ECT and the first course seemed to work great. I could see improvements and so could the professionals, but they relapsed and are having a second course now. It doesn't seem to be having as much effect as the first one though.
    I hope things work out :)

10. Danialla

I too had to repeat my series, now I go for maintenance treatments every 2 weeks. Most maintenance is done once a month but since I have had no side effects I requested every 2 weeks. I need it to help combat the suicidal thoughts that sometime are just out of control.

I wish your friend good luck.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.