Anyone else get this response?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by anarulesmenow, Mar 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anarulesmenow

anarulesmenow Well-Known Member

So my friend found out I had an ED today and she told me i needed help.She told me to ring up the doctors and i explained it wasnt so easy.then she had a go at me for 'not letting her help me' and stormed off.
    Anyone else get this response or this sort of response?People dont understand it?

2. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

I think its very hard for anyone to understand unless we communicate to them. Eating disorders inspire fear and she sounds very scared of losing you, and she probably also feels helpless and like she doesn't know what she can do to help you (probably similar to how you felt about your friend, but showed it in a different way).

Have you tried talking to her since? Maybe print out some info and share it with her and also communicate to her how it is for you, what she could do that helps you, etc.

3. Remedy

Remedy Chat & Forum Buddy

I imagine she feels upset because she cares about you and doesn't know how to help. It can be very frustrating for friends and family.
    'Scum's advice is good... give her some time to cool off and then try talking again. :hug:

4. anarulesmenow

i really don't think it's like that, i can just kinda tell

5. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

What do you think it's like?

6. anarulesmenow

i just really dont think she gets it
    she wont talk to me

7. Scum

Scum Well-Known Member

No, she probably doesn't, and that in itself instills anger because its confusing and scary. How about writing her a letter?

8. anarulesmenow

nah dont think i could do that shes not the sort of person to do that to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.