• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Ideas & Opinions Anyone else seeking to rely on charity/low cost therapists?

IRE1992

SF Supporter
#1
Is anyone one else in a position where one to one therapy is very difficult to obtain?
Waiting lists in my country are minimum 6 months to a year long. I've been trying to book programs
run by not for profits but they're similarly full.
Current employers EAP is not up and running yet (Will see what they can offer ).

I may have eventually have to seek out a provider in the private sector even
tough it will take a lot of budgeting.
 
#2
I'm sorry that you're having trouble getting access to treatment.

Group therapy is often cheaper.

I think you said GAD was your main issue. I'm not confident that therapy, group or otherwise will help that much with GAD, though I guess it's worth a try.

You mentioned having a CBT worksheet, have you been trying to learn CBT techniques on your own?

There are some self-treatment methods that I could mention if you're interested.
 

YueQingYuan

Active Member
#3
I understand the struggle, one to one therapy is currently not viable for me ( way too expensive considering how long it would take for progress to happen in my case) so I ended up opting for a private psychiatrist because I couldn't wait anymore. The cost per session is around the same but the good side is that it's only once a month. If your condition could be helped with medication ( they do offer some therapy pointers too not just meds ;> ) maybe it would be good to check that out, get yourself to an manageable point while you wait for your turn in the waiting list? I found that with the help of meds I was capable enough to start CBT techniques on my own as a more long term sustainable approach.
Hope the best in your journey!
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top