Anyone else with borderline personality disorder ?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by X-FallenSolitude-X, Aug 15, 2016.

1. X-FallenSolitude-X

X-FallenSolitude-X Well-Known Member

its so lonely with this disorder even those close to me just don't get it is there anyone here who can relate just need a friend who understands X x
  2. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Hi there, I am so sorry I did not see this post until now. I have borderline personality disorder so if you need someone to chat with that understands you can rely on me. I am always around. How is your borderline personality disorder being treated right now? Meds/therapy? Both? May I ask when you were diagnosed! Again, sorry dunno how I missed this thread!
  3. X-FallenSolitude-X

Nearly 5 years ago I was diangonaed. I'm under a personality disorder team. I take an anti depressant and a sleeping med and see my worker once a week. I can't handle this self harming and bad noughts anymore. I have anxiety with this to. I fail at everything I want my life back.
  4. Petal

5 years is a long time, how have you been coping all this time. Do the medications help you at all? Anxiety is common with BPD. It's a bitch but hey nothing we can do about it only make the most of what we CAN do.
  5. X-FallenSolitude-X

I don't cope that well I had about a year of not doing anything another year of drinking 18 months stable then drinking and overdosing every day for over another year now trying to get back on track but don't know how to X
  6. Petal

Yeah....impulsiveness is a big part of BPD. That is why you need therapy to help you get through the rough times. Drinking is only going to worsen how you feel. I think yo should stay away from the alcohol and do some fun things with people close to you to keep your mind away from harmful things, even something like going to the cinema or going to a concert, anything to look forward to. Cut out the alcohol and you will get back on track hun, please do not OD either. We are here for you't have to fight this alone!
  7. Leslie Martin

Leslie Martin New Member

I know exactly, how you feel. Hope your doing better.
    X-FallenSolitude-X likes this.
  8. X-FallenSolitude-X

No one in the RW knows but today I brought some alcohol and pills I'm so glad I didn't take them or drink it I still feel down but it's defo not worth it X
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  9. AlexiMarie7

AlexiMarie7 Well-Known Member

Just stopping by to say I am glad that you didn't take them, and that you recognise it is not worth it. Please try to remember this precisely if the urge ever arises again.

I don't have this disorder but I have been on the outside looking in for a couple of years now. I hope you are able to get it to a manageable state. I have done a lot of reading etc, and I have seen persons say they are now able to live a normal healthy life, but they do admit it is a lot of work. Stick with it.

Hugs & best wishes.
    X-FallenSolitude-X likes this.
  10. OCDNihilism

OCDNihilism Well-Known Member

I am not sure about myself, but I have strong suggestions that point to me having traits of it, but mental diagnoses are confusing, much more when anxiety and depression are also part of the problem. Also, I saw how stress affects reasoning for people who suffer from it, so more points to believe in it. The worse I got was to write some suicide letters, but that's because I became also apathetic, so that protects me from myself, not always being able to see how ruined I am, but it changes when I get the right stimulus, being around other people or things that remind me of what I wanted to becone..
  11. a_andrews

a_andrews Member

I have BPD as well and was recently put on Lamictal (Lamotrigine) - a mood stabilizer. I feel much more stable with this medication - also on an antidepressent as well as something for sleep. DBT is also very helpful - if you can manage to get connected with a DBT group, i totally recommend it :)
  12. Frances M

Frances M Mountain Woman

I was diagnosed with BPD (among other illnesses) in 2003. Spent years on Seroquel and Lamictal (with Prozac and Clonazepam) to help me, but it really just seemed to numb me. I felt like all that helped me was going to see a spiritual healer to be honest. I s-i'd regularly for ten years and hated every moment of it. I'm sorry you're feeling so badly. I can't advise because somehow, some way, something I did, made it all either go away or manageable. I hope you can get some help, I remember the hell I went through.
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.
  13. Stiv

Stiv Member

I was told I had severe BPD traits at age 15 and was formally diagnosed at age 18 in early 2011. You are not alone, and I'm so sorry you also have to struggle with this disorder. It can be very lonely and we are often very misunderstood. I have to second the suggestion of trying to find a DBT group, DBT has been very helpful for me. Most DBT programs have a group component, and many people in these groups will have BPD as well because it's a form of therapy that was developed specifically for BPD.
    I struggle with substance abuse too, and have overdosed as a form of self-harm a lot in the past. I'm glad you didn't drink/OD on the 25th, and I hope you are still 'OK' in that respect.
    AlexiMarie7 likes this.