anyone ever get depressed about their life ending with nothing to show for it?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by emily83, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

just wondering..

who else on here gets depressed thinking about your life ending- and you've nothing to show for it?

i know i do... i'm 25, and i've absolutely nothing to show for it- just wondering if anyone else feels that way, or if it's just me
  2. Butterfly

Butterfly Resident SF Sims Enthusiast Staff Alumni SF Author SF Supporter

I think a lot of people feel that way. For me though, on paper I have a really good life and I have a lot to show for it. But, my mental illness just clouds over me so I am unable to enjoy what I've got and it makes me feel incredibly selfish.
  3. pickwithaustin

pickwithaustin Staff Alumni

You are only 25. It is a bit pre mature to say your life has ended up with nothing to show for it. You have a long, long time to go yet. I believe I have something to show for my life, in fact I know I do... but at 25 I did not. Give yourself time. What goals have you set for your life? If you have not set goals, it will be difficult to achieve them. Work on a plan for wellness that includes a roadmap that works toward having something to show when you get to be twice the age you are today.
  4. Petal

Petal SF dreamer Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Unfortunately, I feel that way some times. :( Honestly don't know what to advise only to make you feel better, try and get stuck into something so you have more of a sense of 'something to live for too' :)
  5. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

Same here, I feel that I'll never be remembered, because I haven't done anything worth remembering. But there is always time to try and change that.
  6. paulhewson

paulhewson Well-Known Member

You're still very young. Hopefully you can determine what you want from life and take some steps toward making it happen. Just don't wander aimlessly through life.
  7. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

Definitely. My bday is in 2 hours and I'll be turning 28. I've been having early life crisis since i was 18. I still haven't accomplished anything. Just thinking about my future is depressing. I'll grow an old man with no children /grandchildren and no life experience. Though I do think i'll die early like in my fourties (hopefully thirties). my dopamines are at an all time low so i'm pretty damn unhealthy. Plus i'm a lefty and lefties die much earlier. phew!

8. jnick

jnick Well-Known Member

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2013
  9. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Bad news as a birthday prezzie Lachrymose, I'm a leftie too and over twice as old.
  10. lachrymose27

lachrymose27 Well-Known Member

That's a downer. Well, article says that the average death of lefties are at age 65...

11. Davekyn

Davekyn Banned Member

nOnly whence I thought like the rest of Society ... But not anymore as I have nothing to prove! It's a trap to think like so ... to make you want to believe that you NEED to have this or that in order to belong and be part of the ones that matter ... to prove you have contributed ... Because you got that house, married that prince or princess ... got the Job ... and all that other STUFF ... no wonder the medical assessments can't keep up.

Maybe when I was YOUNG oh so young ... living in the gutter, looking up ... thinking oh OH OH if ONLY I could have be in that family ... watching them walk by ... but when they got closer and I say they way they were looking at me with such disgust ... the record then suddenly scratched!!!!! My thoughts came to sudden screeeeccchhhhh ... All that shit means squat if thats what it breeds ...

Since then I have come to learn ... all those fancy things and status ... is what is *&^%ing this world up .... people chasing their tails and acting like SHEEP ...

I learned long ago that it's not about what you have to show ... but how you show it ...

None the less ... I am still busted ... just no space or air to breath ... NO DOUBT we are always reminded or have to REPORT and give excuse as to why we still breath!!! so an that account is it any wonder that many who are unable feel they have been found GUILTY ...

I do understand how it is that many feel this way ... I am just hugely pissed at a much broader deception that is seemingly out of control.
  12. Microcosmos

Microcosmos Member

I feel the exact same way you do. I am 26 years old and still live at home. I've been a janitor for the past 8 years, living a completely nocturnal lifestyle, and no one is around. I'm in school for the second time, but am not going to make it again. My depression just doesn't allow me to care about anything, and I will continue being here, living at home, doing absolutely nothing with my life.
  13. PureBlueLight

PureBlueLight Well-Known Member

I'm 26 and when i have to answer to what have i done with my life, i have only bad things to say, because i could never have a proper life.
  14. Much afraid

Much afraid Well-Known Member

I had a thought but feel its not my place to say... :/
  15. SaraRose

SaraRose Well-Known Member

All the time. I'm almost 30 and have a dead end job and that's it. 30 years wasted doing nothing with my life...
  16. emily83

emily83 Well-Known Member

thanks for the replies, everyone!. i'm actually surprised i got any..

lacrmose 20, how was your birthday?

birthday's are tough for me too for a number of reasons- mainly because i don't really have anyone to celebrate them with (i've family, but they don't really show an active interest) and also because i'm wondering.... wow, a year older- and i'm still in the same place?

pickwithaustin, that's an interesting post you made- and it's funny you should say that

my goal is to die happy, but as yet i have no idea what will make me happy- i often feel like a computer programme... i try something, and it never seems to work for some reason- like an error on screen. either it does not satisfy me, or i don't have what it takes to mak it happen
  17. skinnylove911

skinnylove911 Well-Known Member

Yes I know how you feel, I have accomplished a lot over the recent years but my brain seems to forget i have passed an access course, passed my cert he in health and social care
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.