• Please read the thread in Forum News and Announcements pertaining to race related discussion on SF - thank you :)

Anyone have buldging disc?

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
Just found out offically why my back kept getting progressively worse since the car accident few years ago I have buldging disc after the CT scan with contrast and have an appointment with the pain management doc next month. ( 2 spots )

I asked my primary care doc if it will get worse (she said it was impossible to tell) as I do not want to do anything with doctors right now due to covid thing but it is starting to affect my ability to excerise even getting out of the car it blinds me til I twist my body and get it back into alignment in frequency.

My question is what do I expect? I did physical therapy last month and it was not helping whatsoever. I know each persons case is different. Why didnt my doctor refer me to a back specalist? Why a pain management doc? Thats for pain relief, thats not for fixing my back. I dont want pain meds nor do I want to be getting shots in my back. I already have signs of mild arthritis in my bones all over. Including the back. I etopped doing knee shots because they didnt make any difference and I read up they destroy it even further with more useage. I dont want that to be happening to my back

MisterBGone

It’s hard to say, with this preliminary stage, as you say in terms of what they’ve done so far and discovered. However if the CT scan did not reveal any compression fractures, or herniated discs, that which would in other words require a surgery—then there is a chance that that was the reason for the referral to the pain management doctor (& not orthopedic surgeon or neurologist). What they tend to do here — number one, is not prescribe pain meds that are controlled substances (so, like ‘muscle relaxers,’ for instance)... & then they can also do some diagnostic testing that will then be used to refer you to a program of physical therapy that they themselves (an m. d.), have devised- you could ask your primary if they can order an mri if you suspect or want to rule out nerve damage, as that won’t show on the scan you had - though they usually don’t like to double those two things up, consecutively... good luck- I know it’s no fun!

DrownedFishOnFire

Back into the wild where I belong. Out of your way
Staff Alumni
SF Supporter
It’s hard to say, with this preliminary stage, as you say in terms of what they’ve done so far and discovered. However if the CT scan did not reveal any compression fractures, or herniated discs, that which would in other words require a surgery—then there is a chance that that was the reason for the referral to the pain management doctor (& not orthopedic surgeon or neurologist). What they tend to do here — number one, is not prescribe pain meds that are controlled substances (so, like ‘muscle relaxers,’ for instance)... & then they can also do some diagnostic testing that will then be used to refer you to a program of physical therapy that they themselves (an m. d.), have devised- you could ask your primary if they can order an mri if you suspect or want to rule out nerve damage, as that won’t show on the scan you had - though they usually don’t like to double those two things up, consecutively... good luck- I know it’s no fun!

That clearly explains it thank you!

A) Cant do MRI because I have metal implanted in my skull. Lol

B) Am allergic to all inflammatory medication especially NSAIDs which was the source of struggles at the start of healing after the car accident.

C) i cannot take pain medications that I am not allergic to due to my severe migraines yes from the accident- they cause severe heart burns so im messed from the gate hah

Im not sure I just found out on Wednesday i think one of the two spots was related to nerve.

Thank you for clarifying why it was going to be done this route

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$95.00
Goal
$255.00