Anyone have difficulty asking for help?

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by Laini, May 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Laini

Laini Member

I don't really want to get into my situation at the moment but long story short I've been depressed for years, a lot of different medications, therapy in the last couple of years and nothing really seems to work.
    Or things do work but something goes wrong and I'm back to square one, or worse.

Sometimes I feel like I want to talk to the one or two friends that I have, either to tell them how important they are to me or to let them know I'm feeling low and would like some support but I don't know how.

I always feel like I'll be burdening people.
    If anyone asked for my help I'd be there in a flash but because it's me it doesn't matter, because I don't matter, you know?

I don't really talk to anyone. I don't have any friends locally, the few friends I do have are all online and if we do talk it's because they messaged me.
    I don't feel I have anthing important or interesting to say I guess.

2. Theodora

Theodora Well-Known Member

Hello Laini, I know the feeling very well. So sometimes things do work for you. What does? Can you get that help again now? Because it seems like you need something else at the moment. Bugger being a burden! Get the help and support you need and deserve. Glad you found us.
  3. 3.141592654

3.141592654 Well-Known Member

I know, I really know.

Sorry I don't have any advice for you.
  4. 41021

41021 Banned Member

I met you in chat earlier. It's okay to speak up there even when others are talking. i'm sorry it was so busy in there. I feel badly as i really did want to hear what you might have to say, i was trying to listen. Chat is a good place to talk, or even practice talking, or practice asking for support when one needs it. It's okay to speak up and ask for support there. Also, if you feel uncomfortable talking when it's busy, it's ok to ask if someone will join you in another room, or talk in a pm with you.

Anyway, i just wanted to welcome you to the site. Good folks here and they are friendly. If you have questions or want/need to talk, let someone know. There is usually someone around and available.
  5. Laini

Laini Member

Yeah I wanted to but I don't like talking about me at the best of times, nevermind when a couple of other people are talking.
    But I'll keep that in mind.
  6. unhappysoul

unhappysoul Member

I'm afraid to reach out for help due to the reason why I'm depressed. I know there are a lot of women out there who may feel the same way (not happy with their skin tone) but how many actually seek help for it? Im a bit embarassed to talk about it with someone...I fear they will judge me, think I"m crazy, shallow, not think my issue is important, etc
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.