Are there any anti-depressants you can buy over the counter?

Status
Not open for further replies.

perry_mason

i dont know if there are any anti-depressant pills available OTC (i cant imagine that there are) but one thing that comes to mind is St John's wort. people say its useful for mild depression so i dont know if that may help or not.

~Claire

St. John's Wort is meant (I think) to be a herbal anti depressant that you can get over the counter. I have no idea what it's like re effectiveness/side effects though. Also I think it depends on any other meds you may be taking.

Do you not have a GP that you can discuss it with, to see if they will prescribe you something?

Best wishes, Claire xx

kenny

You have to be careful with St. Johns Wort. check the leaflet on any other medication you have to make sure that you're ok to take St. Johns Wort with it. A lot of Antidepressants specifically tell you not to take it.

IDKwhatIwant

Ive been told before that fish oil helps control moods. spend the extra money if you purchase it, so that its treated with something to cover the taste and smell, otherwise youll taste fish all day... its suppose to help with memory. if you suffer "brain fog" from depression or stress, it should calm you down so you can think. instead of a constant fatigue and paralyzed affect that comes with depression.

vitamin supplements help a little, but that may just be from a new experience and hope. I take the supplements, and cant really note any difference. but i guess i could always be worse, so idk.

flax seed or oil is fake. :dry:

Little_me

St. John's Wort and Valeriana (both herbs) är OTC, but you can only get "real" antidepressants by prescription :/ so when you've tried these two then it would be a good idea to see a doctor. Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00