are we going to be happy?

Arisamela

I'm just scared that I won't find my own happiness. It's not like I'm sad or I don't like my life. I just feel like something is missing a really important piece and I don't know what's that. Have you ever felt that way?

Havoc

I used to feel similarly for many years when I was younger. For the longest time I had just convinced myself that I was just different, that I did not want or need to be what most people consider to be happy, though I was not necessarily sad. I went on like that for a very long time before I met my wife. She started showing me a different side of life, a different way of looking at the world. I found something that I did not even know that I wanted. I suppose my point in all of this is life is not always so straightforward for everyone. Some people know what they want their life to be like right from the start. Other people have to discover what they want over time. It could sometimes take years, or it could come at you out of the blue one day unexpectedly.

I apologize if this does not really sound like an answer to your question. I am not always so great at finding the right words for my thoughts. Just know that there are plenty of people out there that can sympathize with you on that. That uncertainty is just part of life I suppose.

Arisamela

I used to feel similarly for many years when I was younger. For the longest time I had just convinced myself that I was just different, that I did not want or need to be what most people consider to be happy, though I was not necessarily sad. I went on like that for a very long time before I met my wife. She started showing me a different side of life, a different way of looking at the world. I found something that I did not even know that I wanted. I suppose my point in all of this is life is not always so straightforward for everyone. Some people know what they want their life to be like right from the start. Other people have to discover what they want over time. It could sometimes take years, or it could come at you out of the blue one day unexpectedly.

I apologize if this does not really sound like an answer to your question. I am not always so great at finding the right words for my thoughts. Just know that there are plenty of people out there that can sympathize with you on that. That uncertainty is just part of life I suppose.
That helped me a lot. Thank you

Havoc

No need for thanks. I am just happy that I could finally contribute a little something here. This forum has helped me quite a bit. This is a great group of people here.

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
I have things that make me angry, scared, nervous, fulfilling, and happy. I know being human is hard and it is for most of us, add your age and it's a lot harder. you have your whole life ahead of you so you should start planning a little colledge family kids, etc. not acting or worrying about it but think what do I want. the best thing is you can keep changing your mind. happiness is possible try to do a lot of little things to make you happy, and if possible something big like a hobby for me it's my antique car. and for the missing piece of your life be patient it will come I don't know if this will help but I was missing a big piece of my life when I got disabled I had no purpose in life. I found SF and it filled that missing piece i'm making a contribution again. mike *hug*hug

1964dodge

Has a frog in the family
Safety & Support
SF Supporter
Almost 32 and I'm still trying to figure out what makes me happy. It's definitly not a straight forward journey, often feels like going in circles
as you know we have to fight to get through the bad times and cherish the good times, I hope you have more good times mike. *hug*hug

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$50.00
Goal
$255.00