Are you the victim, the bully or both?

Discussion in 'Bullying and Violence' started by milo001, Oct 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milo001

milo001 Active Member

I have been bullied in the past during my school days. Now I have become the bully myself. I have anger issues and being socially isolated for years. I'll take it out on my sisters and family. I have verbally abuse my sister for years. I know it's wrong but I just can't change it.

2. Unknown_111

Unknown_111 Forum Buddy Staff Alumni SF Supporter

Yes, you can change but it's not.overnight but really one day at a time. You are sorry for what you did to your sisters.

You need to.take up a sport where you can take your frustration such as boxing. This will help you and also.a calming exercise like yoga. It's going to take time but YOU can do it,

It's hard to do but you can. Anybody who can change if they want to, it's all about determination and willpower. I not trying to be harsh or horrible. If I come across like that I am very sorry. You are important and treated with respect. I respect you in.that posted and trying to help you in a nice way.

It's going to be hard but you can do it. I believe in you... Keep posting and take care.

3. True-Lee

True-Lee Well-Known Member

I don't know if this was directed to anyone in particular, I will answer,
    When I was in high school I was bullied a little bit, Since then I have been in touch with one of those that did some of that bullying via internet and he told me he was jealous of me, My jaw dropped, I really don't feel I was but he told me how smart he and others thought I was, he also knew that I would do what I set out to do. He and others were envious of me. Now for a short time I was a Bully, I have corrected my behavior and made amends as I could, because I saw how I hurt those others..... actually still am or trying to make up because I don't really think I can completely.

4. Witty_Sarcasm

Witty_Sarcasm Writer, Musician, Fun Lover, Magic Maker

I've been bullied all of my life, and none of them ever cared how it affected me, not a single one of them. Classmates, teachers, friends, family, sometimes even strangers. I don't have it in me to be a bully, I know how much it hurts me so I wouldn't want to put anyone else through that.

5. W Miller

W Miller Well-Known Member

I've been bullied so much that I really don't even leave the house all that much now. It takes an awful lot for me to get mean, but, unfortunately when I have an extreme panic attack, I will lash out, and I hate myself for it the next day. I've never been a bully though, just my anger will show its ugly head at times (my fangs). I think true friends will forgive you/us for showing anger if you are truly apologetic.

Turning into a bully because you've been bullied, no way!

6. WildCherry

WildCherry Staff Member ADMIN

When I was really young, like 9 or 10 years old, I was bullied a lot in school. So for a few years, I became a bully. I can't explain why... maybe at the time, I needed to feel some sort of power, or maybe I just wanted the attention. I have no idea what my reasoning was. But a few years after I started acting this way, I hurt someone badly that I'd considered a friend, just to fit in. At that point, I realized I didn't want to be that type of person. It was too late for the friend I'd once had, we never spoke again. But just because I was being bullied, didn't give me the right to do it to other people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.