Art Therapy

Discussion in 'Mental Health Disorders' started by aussiegal, Apr 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aussiegal

aussiegal Well-Known Member

So I feel like I have basically tried most kinds of conventional things that people suggest to little or no avail. Have tried meds on top of meds, hospital, yoga, meditation, CBT, psychologist visits weekly, exercise, diet etc etc. Getting the picture? Still feel so bad every day. So I am on to the next thing... thinking of giving art therapy a go. I am NO artist by any means. In fact I am so far from it its not funny. Well actually the art work probably is funny but only in a bad way.

Any one else had experience with art therapy? just after any feedback I can get.
    Thanks

2. total eclipse

total eclipse SF Friend Staff Alumni

Being able to express your self in any manner helps hun drawing painting writing it all helps us see what place we are at and in releasing some of the pain or emotions in is very calming
    The art is for YOU hun and it does not matter what it looks like to others all that matters is what is being released as you paint or draw ect I think as you go alone you will see a change in your art as well as you heal It is in seeing the transformation of the art that helps you see that yes indeed youare doing better. I hope that makes sense hugs

3. aussiegal

aussiegal Well-Known Member

It does. Funny you say that... I did some art when I was in hospital and the stuff i did at the beginning was very different to what I did at the end. I am def. going to give it a go. Just on my own to start off with. Then maybe I might do an actual art therapy session.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.