• IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT: Please read THIS THREAD about a rebrand for SF.

Articles on medication I find interesting and compelling

#1
I have had a lifetime experience dealing with different medications to treat depression, starting with trazadone in 1986. Nothing ever worked for long and the side effects of most were horrendous. I was diligent in researching each and every medication before deciding to put it into my body. Now I see Big Pharma was playing me, and my psychiatrists were also complicit. This is just a warning to not take anything at face value. Question everything, keep yourself safe, you know yourself better than anyone else.

A lot of these articles are very technical, but I hope you can push through and gain valuable insights.



https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11939866/


https://www.madinamerica.com/2023/09/the-stard-scandal-scientific-misconduct-on-a-grand-scale/
 
#2
I have had a lifetime experience dealing with different medications to treat depression, starting with trazadone in 1986. Nothing ever worked for long and the side effects of most were horrendous. I was diligent in researching each and every medication before deciding to put it into my body. Now I see Big Pharma was playing me, and my psychiatrists were also complicit. This is just a warning to not take anything at face value. Question everything, keep yourself safe, you know yourself better than anyone else.

A lot of these articles are very technical, but I hope you can push through and gain valuable insights.



https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/11939866/


https://www.madinamerica.com/2023/09/the-stard-scandal-scientific-misconduct-on-a-grand-scale/
I don't doubt that psychiatric medication has probably helped a lot of people (even saved lives), but I think that pills have become the default "thumb in the dike" as it were. Like antibiotics, they are way over-prescribed, and the side effects are often worse than the conditions they're being used to treat.

I've come to be very skeptical and cynical of the medical racket in general (and the mental health racket specifically). They/it have failed those who rely on them the most.

Healthcare should not be treated as a fucking business commodity, but that's exactly what it's become, and the greedy insurance leeches, the corrupt government that (supposedly) regulates it, and the (often incompetent) overpaid doctors and therapists that deliver the overpriced treatment, whose efficacy is questionable at best, are all complicit.

/Rant
 

Please Donate to Help Keep SF Running

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$255.00
Top